(91) - Ankhseram

It has been a few weeks since I switched sides. I sat in the same room as demons, feeling rather awkward. They didn't talk to me unless they had to. To them, I was still a goddess. It didn't matter if I was friends with the demon king or not.

I heave a sigh, taking a bite out of my steak. In the goddess realm, we never ate meat. Instant murmurs fill the room as a sudden chill goes down my spinal cord. "I don't see why there's a goddess in the same room as us," a dark haired demon complains.

"Those filthy goddesses."

I roll my eyes, trying my best to ignore their usual chatter. "All of them are bad," another one adds, shooting glares at me. I heave a sigh, taking another bite out of my steak. My hair covers my eyes as a frown appears on my face.

"Yeah, why are you even here?" A voice says from behind, knocking my steak to the floor. I stare at him as my eyes widen in surprise. A look of pure hatred was on his face as he stares at me. "You are just another traitor!" Another demon yells.

I stand up abruptly, feeling all of their eyes on me. "I'm no traitor," I say, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "By coming here, I haven't betrayed my morals. I have followed the orders of my father, the celestial spirit king."

"That's a lie!"

I roll my eyes. "Believe—"

A sudden punch came in my direction. Before the punch could hit me, a figure stands in front of me. "I believe that's enough," Zeldris says, refusing to glance in my direction. "She's our guest, and we should treat her with respect."

"But, she's a goddess!"

Zeldris shoots him a glare. "She risked betraying the goddess clan to warn us," he says. "Then, we treat her like this." Silence came across the room as I tears fill my eyes.

Before anyone could say anything, I hurry out of the room. Tears stream down my cheeks as I start to sob hysterically. My eyes squeeze shut as I bump into someone, stumbling to the floor. "Hey... Are you alright?" A voice asks, helping me to my feet.

A female stands there. She had short, messy hair that looks nice with her purple T-shirt and black leggings. On her feet, she wears black slip ons. I furrow my eyebrows, forcing a nod. "Y-Yeah..." I choke out.

"Okay?..." She says calmly. "I guess that would explain why you were running through the halls." I exchange a look with her, bursting into deep laughter.

"Okay, what's your name?"

She smiles. "My name is Rajine."

"Ankhseram." I shake her hand. That was the start of a beautiful friendship that would last a long time.

My eyes flutter open. I yawn, realizing that Zeldris wasn't sleeping besides me anymore. A frown appears on my face as I sit up, taking the wash cloth off of my head. I force myself to my feet, feeling a bit wobbly.

"You shouldn't be up and moving," a voice says as I jerk my head in that direction. Chandler sits on a chair, having a stern look on his face. I heave a sigh, feeling his intent gaze on me.

"I'm just sick of being in the same spot."

He furrows his eyebrows. "I can see your point," he says, narrowing his eyes at me. Chandler sighs nervously, playing with his staff. I furrow my eyebrows as pity forms in the pit of my stomach.

"You miss Meliodas, don't you?" I say as his eyes widen in surprise. He furrows his eyebrows as his eyes lighten up at the mention of his name. I exchange a look with him as he nods sadly.

"Y-Yes..."

I heave a sigh. "I see..."

"Please tell me about how he is currently."

I furrow my eyebrows. "From my memories of Lucy, he was a pervert and a good leader," I say, biting my lip in concentration. "He often held back on his opponents and—"

"It sounds like he hasn't changed much," Chandler says as a smile appears on his face. I chuckle, seeing a satisfied look appear on his face.

Before either one of us could say anything else, the door opens. Zeldris stands in the doorway with a happy smile on his face. "Ankhseram..." He says. "I'm so glad that you're feeling better."

He walks in my direction, picking me up. "Why did you leave me, Baka?" I whisper as his cheeks flush. A smirk appears on his face as he leans closer to my face, his breath on my neck.

"Cusack and I were making you something to eat," he says as the door opens. Cusack holds a plate in his hands as my eyes widen in surprise. The delicious of steak hits my nostrils as my eyes light up. "I... Thank you," I say.

A smile appears on my face as the dream I had resurfaces. I'm not sure what he did that day, but since that day, all of the demons started to treat me more nicely. "Now, eat up," Zeldris says, placing me back on the bed.

I nod, accepting the steak. I stare at the steak, immediately feeling grateful. If it wasn't for Zeldris and Rajine many years ago, I don't know where I would be.