(111) - Ankhseram

I weakly stand up as my head burns in pain from the previous night. Last night was so much fun, being that we danced the entire time. The celestial spirits were already gone, returning to their the celestial spirit world. Because they partied so hard, they exhausted their energy.

I don't blame them. I missed them so much, being happy when we were together. If I could, I would do it all again. I danced with Zeldris and celebrated around all of my loved ones.

"Ankhseram?" A drowsy voice says as I slowly glance in that direction. Zeldris stands there, having dark circles under his eyes as he stares at me. "My dear, you don't look too good," I say, having pity in my tone.

"Ughh, I totally forgot what a hangover feels like," he groans, grabbing his head with his hand. I chuckle, placing my hand to his forehead. My eyes widen in surprise as I remove my hand from his forehead, knowing that his head was burning.

"My dear, lets head to the city to get some coffee," I say, shooting him a reassuring smile. Confusion forms on his face as he tilts his head to the side, studying me. "Trust me, you'll love it," I add.

He nods, taking my hand as we head towards the city. The city was completely abandoned, not having a single soul in sight. "So, where could we find this coffee?" Zeldris asks in a tired tone.

"We—" I begin, hearing footsteps approach from behind. I slowly turn around, seeing a young female. She has long, brown hair that was pulled back into a braid with a cute, white dress that barely went above her knees. She tightly holds a piece of cloth in her hands as terror appears on her face.

The female's eyes widen as her hands tremble in fear. "P-Please don't hurt my baby..." She begs, clutching the cloth close to her chest. "D-Do anything you want to me. Just don't hurt my baby." My eyes widen in amazement as she stands protectively over her baby.

"That's crazy," I say with a bored smile as she anxiously studies me. "There's no way I would leave a baby motherless." My face hardens as she furrows her eyebrows. "Stay out of Camelot for your own safety," I warn, eyeing her carefully. 

Tears form in her eyes as she stares at her baby. "I..." She begins, studying me. "T-Thank you so much..." A smile appears on her face as she stares at her innocent baby. "I-I owe you my life," the woman adds, giving me a big hug as a familiar warmth fills me.

Elizabeth used to cling onto me for protection before the holy war. She was terrified of demons, and I was determined to protect her. In the end, everything our mom told us was a lie.

I smile, narrowing my eyes at her. "Make the best life for your child," I say as she walks away, leaving Zeldris and I alone.