(120) - Elizabeth

Pain erupts through my body as I hit the ground. Ankhseram stands above me, wearing a smile. My eyes widen in surprise as I stare at the wings on her back. She looks exactly like this:

 She looks exactly like this:

"A-Ankhseram...?"

"Ellie, you've got to be more careful," she says with a motherly smile, helping me off the ground. "You can't just fly carelessly like that." Tears form in my eyes as I stare at my elder sister, knowing that this was long before the holy war.

"Sorry, Ankh..." I say, staring at the ground. "I-I just saw Mael and Ludocriel doing it, and—" My voice fades as I meet her stern gaze. She heaves a sigh, turning to stare at the brothers.

"You two really need to stop that," she says sharply, glaring at them. "That's setting a bad example for the younger members of the goddess clan." Ludocriel and Mael exchange nervously glances with each other, stopping right away.

At that time, Ankhseram was the most respectable member of the goddess clan. Everyone believed that she was going to become the next supreme deity and lead the goddess clan. Even though she was committed to the goddess clan, Ankhseram's loyalty to our father stayed at the top.

"C'mon, Ellie, it's time to go home," Ankhseram says as she takes my hand, dragging me back to the palace. I smile cheerfully, feeling happy to be by her side again. Maybe, all of that bad stuff was just a dream. Maybe, we could be happy after all.

A few months have passed, and everything has been great. Ankhseram hasn't betrayed the goddess clan, and I hope she never will. The door to my bedroom slams open as Ankhseram frantically stands there, her eyes wide with terror.

"Ankh, are you okay!?"

"Ellie..." She says, sounding completely out of breath. "We have to go. Our mother wants to start a war with the demon clan. I don't want anything to happen to you..." Her voice cracks as tears stream down her cheeks.

"Ankhseram, please calm down," I say sweetly, feeling her gaze. "Everything will be okay. Besides, that doesn't seem possible. Maybe, you're joking with me!" Her fists clench as she shoots me a harsh glare.

"Fine then!"

The very next day, she did the same thing. She warns me about our mom starting the war, but I didn't believe her. After all, it didn't seem real. Our mom would never purposely cause pain to the other races... right?

She continued doing that for the next two weeks, constantly trying to convince me to leave the celestial realm. Eventually, I had enough. "That's it!" I yell furiously as her eyes widen. "Just leave me alone!"

Tears form in her eyes as she clenches her fists. "When you see I'm right, you'll be sorry," she says darkly before leaving. I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, knowing that it sounded ridiculous. I met with Meliodas, soon realizing that he betrayed the demon clan for me.

I excitedly rush home, hoping to tell Ankhseram. The stench of blood filled the palace as I walk inside. Twenty royal guards lay dead on the floor. "A-Ankhseram..." I murmur, realizing that the events that transpired wasn't a dream: Ankhseram actually betrayed us.