(94) - Elizabeth

My eyes flutter open as I recall the events from last night. I heave a sigh, getting out of my bed. The room was quiet as realization dawns upon me at how Meliodas was missing.

I walk to the closet, glancing through all of the clothes. Each item had its own purpose, being made into a body of clothes. A smile appears on my face as I pick out an outfit, putting it on. In the end, I look like this:

I smile, glancing at myself in the mirror

I smile, glancing at myself in the mirror. The outfit makes a smile appear on my face as I nod in approval. This look was cute yet fierce as a wave of confidence washes over me.

I head downstairs, instantly being met with a room full of unconscious drunks. I chuckle, realizing that King and Diane lay on his chastifol. A smile appears on my face as I know they have returned from the fairy king's forest.

The shuffling of beer cans surprise me as I glance in the direction of the bar. Escanor stands at the bar, rearranging the bear cans. "Good morning, Escanor!" I say in a cheerful tone. He nods, flashing me a grin.

"Good morning."

"Um, what exactly happened last night?" I ask awkwardly as he chuckles to himself. Escanor puts another bottle away, furrowing his eyebrows in concentration. He adjusts his glasses, placing the final bottle away.

"Another fight between Natsu and Gray broke out," he says, instantly shivering. "Erza got annoyed with them, so she attacked everyone in the room."

"What happened next?"

He heaves a sigh. "Everyone completely lost their minds," he says, stroking his mustache in concentration. "The more they drank, the worse the fight got. Even the young dragon slayer got in on the fighting."

My eyes widen in surprise. Wendy got in on the fighting? "I-I can't believe I missed it..." I say as he nods. "Lucy would—" My eyes widen in surprise as tears threaten to roll down my cheeks.

"Elizabeth..."

"You really miss her, don't you?" A voice came from behind. I glance behind me, seeing Gowther. An unflinching gaze appears on his face as he eyes me carefully. "Y-Yes..." I admit as my hands tremble.

"I understand what you are going through," he says with tears in his eyes. "The pain of losing someone who was close to you and the fear of nothing ever being the same." I stare at him in shock.

"G-Gowther...?" I begin as tears fill his eyes. He never cried. In fact, he never showed any emotion. It was stated that he didn't even have a heart. Gowther sighs heavily as a smile appears on his face.

"But, it's the pain that makes us stronger," he says, closing his eyes. "It's that pain that shows us who we are going to be. I regretfully gave away my heart and erased my own memories to forget pain and—"

His voice cracks as tears stream down his cheeks. "G-Gowther..." Escanor chokes out. I exchange a look with Escanor, being shocked by the current situation.

"Anyways, enough about me," Gowther says, narrowing his eyes at me. "The situation with Lucy isn't your fault. No one could have predicted that. Besides, she cared for you a lot and feelings like that don't just vanish. She loved you like a sister. Don't expect that to change."

Tears roll down my cheeks as a. "I... Thank you, Gowther," I say cheerfully, engulfing him in a hug. "I will continue to fight for her. Thank you for reminding me of that." A smile appears on my face as a weight seems to have been taken off of my shoulders.