(133) - Ankhseram

A dark smirk appears on my face as they struggle against Zeldris' ominous nebula. All of them were covered in injuries, barely holding onto consciousness. "Escanor! Lend me your aid!" Ludocriel yells in desperation.

"No." Escanor rolls his eyes. Amusement appears on my face as I burst out laughing. Sweat pours down Ludocriel's head as his eyes widen. Bellion and Fraudrin snicker, having delight at their dispute.

"Excuse me?!" Ludocriel yells furiously, clenching his fists. "Did you just say no?!" Fraudrin tries not to laugh as Bellion roars with laughter. I glance at Cusack and Chandler as they chuckle to themselves.

"Giving me an order is a wisecrack at best!" Escanor proclaims. Cusack and Chandler exchange a look with each other as smirks appear on their faces. I place my hand on my face, trying to contain my laughter. "A wisecrack..." Cusack and Chandler say at once.

"Who exactly do you think you are?!" Ludocriel roars, his face turning red with anger. "Lion's sin, lord Escanor, did you forget? Enough, you presumptuous human! I am the leader of the four archangels of the goddess clan, Ludocriel!"

"Yep, he's definitely going insane," Fraudrin says, raising his eyebrows as a sinister smirk appears on my lips. Bellion chuckles, placing his hands on his head. "My word is the word of the greatest being on earth!! Now, do as I say!!" Ludocriel yells as sweat pours down his forehead.

"I frankly don't give a hoot, so no," the lion sin says as a bored expression appears on his face. The archangel's cheeks flush in anger as his hair blows against Zeldris' ominous nebula.

"How dare..." Ludocriel starts, being sent towards Zeldris. "YOUUUUUU!!!" I exchange a look with Cusack as a malicious smirk appears on his face. Fraudrin nods in Bellion's direction as they watch in amazement.

"Oh no, what a shame."

"Escanor," Merlin says, closing her eyes in concentration. "Give her a hand, why don't you?" The lion sin jumps towards the archangel, catching him with his arm.

"Gladly!"

Ludocriel's eyes widen in surprise as he turns to face Escanor. "Wha...?!" The archangel says in shock. "But, I thought you didn't listen to others..." Escanor sighs heavily as he furrow his eyebrows in concentration.

"Merlin's orders are a different story!" The lion sin proclaims, turning his attention towards Zeldris. "Now, more importantly..." Zeldris casually stands there with a satisfied smirk.

Chandler scoffs. "How interesting..."

"You do have a plan in mind, right?" Escanor says. "If not, I will send you flying." Ludocriel narrows his eyes at the black haired demon as a serious expression appears on his face.

"Yes, but only if you agree to follow my orders!!!" Ludocriel declares. "The truth we know now... is with the power of the demon king, Zeldris can completely nullify magical attacks..."

I exchange a look with Cusack, seeing a slight smirk appear on his lips. "It doesn't matter how much they think they know," he says, stroking his mustache. "This will end in the same result!"

"Hey, Ludocriel, Escanor!" Erza calls as they glance in her direction. "Allow us to help you!" Mira, Gildarts, Jellal, Natsu, and Gray stand behind her with serious expressions on their faces.

Ludocriel nods as a pleased smile appears on his face. "Furthermore, his original ability, ominous nebula draws us in with an incredibly powerful vacuum," the archangel says. "Then, it strikes us with an invisible force before our own attacks can ever reach him."

Erza furrows her eyebrows in concentration as she exchanges a look with Jellal. "Ludocriel, can you explain the true nature of those attacks?" Erza demands as she clenches her fists around her katana. "Are they created from some kind of dark energy? Or–?"