(113) - Ankhseram

The wind blows against my hair as we walk around the city. Relief flutters within me as I stare at Zeldris, feeling excited to be alone with him. "Why haven't you introduced me to coffee yet?" Zeldris asks, interrupting my train of thought.

I furrow my eyebrows, staring at him in amusement. "Well..." I start, seeing him jump all over the place. "It gives you more energy and makes you like this..." Zeldris furrows his eyebrows as a goofy grin appears on his face.

He tilts his head to the side. "Like what?"

I chuckle, rolling my eyes. "Never mind."

He grabs my waist, pulling me close to him. Our faces are inches apart as I feel his warm breath on my neck. "Tell me..." He says as a blush appears on my face. A smirk appears on his face as his lips are inches away from mine.

"Lady Ankhseram? Sir Zeldris?" Fraudrin's voice came from behind. A gasp escapes my lips as I slowly turn around, meeting his gaze. Fraudrin narrows his eyes at us.

"Fraudrin, why'd you come?" Zeldris asks sternly, keeping me close to him. Fraudrin furrows his eyebrows in concentration, shifting nervously. "Estarossa just woke up," he says as my eyes widen in surprise.

"Alright then," Zeldris says in a chilly tone. "Lead the way back to the palace." Fraudrin sighs heavily, walking towards the palace as Zeldris picks me up bridal style.

It wasn't long before Zeldris, Fraudrin, and I stand in the throne room, waiting for Estarossa and Cusack to join us. "Where are they?" I ask impatiently, crossing my arms in annoyance.

"They'll be here in a moment, Lady Ankhseram," Fraudrin says nervously, glancing at the door. I shift my attention to the door, furrowing my eyebrows in concentration.

The door slams open as Estarossa casually walks through, having a smirk on his face. Cusack stands nervously behind him with an uneasy expression. I narrow my eyes at them, glaring at them.

"L-Lady Ankhseram, w-we are sorry that we made you wait..." Cusack chokes out, staring at the ground in dismay. I arch a brow, turning my attention to Estarossa. A smug expression makes its way to his face as he stares at Cusack in amusement.

I narrow my eyes at them, noticing Cusack's shaky expression. "It's not your fault, Cusack," I say, turning my attention to Estarossa. "It's your fault, Estarossa. We are in the middle of a war, and we can't just stop everything to wait on you."

"I'm sorry that I was injured!"

I roll my eyes, shooting him a harsh glare. "You wouldn't have been injured if you didn't underestimate him," I say coldly, meeting his nervous gaze. "Because of your failure, Zeldris risked his own safety to save you."

"La—" Fraudrin begins. I shoot him a stern glare, instantly shutting him up. I narrow my eyes at Estarossa, clenching my fists in pure rage. "You lost to a human. That's a big disgrace to the demon clan," I say, my hair covering my eyes.

Estarossa's eyes widen in horror. "I..."

"Save it." I glare at him. "You were weak and failed. The weak will always lose to the strong." Estarossa shakily stares at me, narrowing his eyes at me. "Because of that, you'll be training with Cusack to improve your skills," I add.

The white haired male stares at me in amusement. "Is that all?" He asks in a mocking tone. "You want me to train? Why would I need training?" I narrow my eyes at him as amusement appears on my lips.

"Fraudrin, how's your training coming along?" I ask, refusing to glance in his direction. Estarossa furrows his eyebrows in concentration, shifting his gaze to Fraudrin. "It's going good, my lady," Fraudrin says respectfully.

"Really?" I say, turning to face him. "Please do me a favor and show this weakling how far you've come." I glance at Estarossa as amusement appears on my face. "After all, if you don't need training, then you'll easily beat him," I add.

Estarossa's face hardens as he glares in my direction. His fists clench as Fraudrin confidently walks towards him. "Fine then!" Estarossa says angrily, making a sword appear out of thin air. "If I defeat him, then you'll fight me."

A smirk appears on my lips. "Deal."

"A-Ankhseram, are you sure about this...?" Zeldris asks nervously as I glance into his dark orbs. I caress his cheek. "I'm sure, my dear," I say with a smile.

Estarossa groans in annoyance, charging in Fraudrin's direction. Fraudrin narrows his eyes at Estarossa, staring at him with a serious look. Fraudrin shrinks down to human size, ducking under Estarossa's attack. The duel has begun, I think to myself as a smirk appears on my face.