CHAPTER 20: Esperance

||CHAPTER 20: Esperance||

Tia

It is the the 9th of May, 3:00 PM. 

Fifteen minutes before school will end. Honestly, I was a little eager because the weekend was near. You must be wondering, what makes this weekend special? Well, the approaching Monday was a public break, which meant that I didn't have to attend school until the coming Tuesday. Life was great. 

I sit there in Math class, twirling a lock of brown hair with my index finger as I wait for the results of the Math test. It was rather difficult, and what's worse, the test was in the morning. Correction. A MONDAY, morning.  

"I swear. Teachers are evil." Danielle said, grumbling as she hit her head against to table.   

I frown when I look at her. 'She should hit her head harder' I grimace.  

Danielle and I had Math class together, and because she was the sole individual I knew in this class, I sat next to her. Well not sole because Logan and Lucas were in this class, but I would never, ever sit next to them. Which was torture. Don't get me wrong, in the beginning; sharing Math class with her was good. But after seeing her kiss Lachlan at the Peter Pan's café, I was starting to dislike her more, and more.

"Here, Miss Frederick." The teacher said, placing the test paper on the table. The teacher was Miss. Turner, and for a Math teacher, she was one word.... Awesome. She was a short teacher, 5'0 I think. She was a brunette with mesmerizing light-blue eyes. "You did fantastic." Miss Turner chirped, smiling. "Much, much better than the previous time."   

When she left, I turn the paper in slow motion. "Jesus Tia, Stop acting dramatic." Logan said, chuckling.   

I turn around in order to face him. There he was, sitting next to Lucas, with a teasing smirk on his face. "Shut up. I am not dramatic." I huff, "I am nervous."   

A short laugh escaped from Lucas's lips, "Believe it or not Tia.... You did great." He started rocking back and forth in his chair. "I know because Logan and I were helping her. We were cross-checking different test, but that didn't include ours."  

"What? That's not fair." Danielle grumbled, glaring at Lucas and Logan.  

"Life isn't fair, darling." Lucas responded, with a smirk.   

"Life isn't fair, darling." I mock Lucas, lowering the tone of my voice to sound like him. As I turn around, I flip the test paper and in an instant, I squeal at the results. "I got a B!" I exclaim, grinning from ear to ear.

This was my first B minus. What's better, it's  on a math test.

MATH!

Once more, I turn to face Logan. "Logan, look, look, look." I wave the Math paper in front, as the feeling of pride began to build inside. "What...." I take a deep breath, in attempt to calm myself. "Logan, what was your result?" I ask.   

"I got a...." He stopped, before hiding his paper against his chest. "I got a C plus"   

"Wait a minute." I gawk at Logan, "You. The Logan Sutherland got a C plus. B-But you're a genius."   

Logan shrugs his shoulders, "True." He said, dismissing the subject matter.   

Now because I was stubborn, I persist. "I can't believe it. How is it possible that I got a better mark than you?" It was impossible. I, Tia Frederick received a better mark than him, Logan Sutherland. Here at West Midland College, Logan was seen as a genius. He was the top student in Year eleven. When Logan did not respond, I take it as a sign, and dismiss the topic. "I can't believe it. I got a better mark than Logan." I brag, the smile on my face never leaving.