CHAPTER 37: Much More

||CHAPTER 37: Much More ||

Tia

I groan in irritation as I felt someone kick the chair. Again. Though I didn't turn around because I was aware of who the culprit was.

None other than, Logan Sutherland.

It was the sixth time, and it was starting to irritate me.

"Princess." Logan said, in a low voice. "We need to talk. You know I don't like people avoiding me."

'Don't make it difficult for me Logan, I'm trying to ignore the feelings..'

"No, no we do not, Sutherland." I murmur, "Be quiet, and concentrate because we're in class." As I look at the board, I start writing, and solving the math problems - which was rather hard, might I add.

'Ask your man'

Again, I groan. 'I'm fine.' Staring at the math problem, I pout in defeat. 'How earth do people think I have the potential to solve their problems, when I can't solve the problems I am facing now.'

The first problem, ignoring Logan.

The second problem, falling in love with him.

"I need a distraction." I mumble, before turning to face the vacant chair next to me. 'Danielle.' I thought. Though Danielle and I had our differences, I was starting to miss her. Before, she said she'd be in contact, but she hasn't. It was a similar situation with Ter, he said he'd be in contact, too - but he hasn't. But, I don't blame either one, when I was hurting, it took me a while to gather the scattered pieces.

Life is a mess.

Once more, I felt Logan kick the chair leg, thus making me turn around to face him. "What?" I ask.

"Don't ignore me." He said, smirking. "That, and we need to talk during the first lunch, it's important."

'Important?' I think.

'I bet he's going to confess!'

At the thought, I feel butterflies. 'Don't be ridiculous, he's a heartbreaker, remember? That, and he can't know we love him, or we'll lose the bet. How humiliating.'

Returning the smirk, I said, "I can't." I twirl around to face the board, ignoring the intense stare I felt from Logan.

"Class, because I am such a nice, wonderful, not to forget, a spectacular teacher," Miss Turner began, emphasising on the flattering words. "We'll finish the lesson ahead of time because I am amazing." Miss Turner said, grinning as the class erupted in cheers. "I know, I am fabulous."

As I place the Math textbook, notebook and pencil case in the bag, I hear Miss Turner speak.

"Logan, Tia, a word please?" Together, Logan and I stood from our seats to walk to the front, and in direction Miss Turner's desk - with our bags.

When we were near, she started speaking. "You, Miss Tia, have been improving in math class, and other classes. So, on behalf of the other teachers, I spoke to the new Principal, and he said the tutoring lessons stop. Congratulations Tia, and Logan...Well done."

'No, no, no.'

I feign a smile, "That's wonderful." I squeal. Though I was showing excitement on the outside - on the inside, I was upset. To be quite honest, upset was an understatement. Instead of running around, cheering, I felt a feeling I didn't want to experience.

Sadness.

'I've become a weakling.' I think, frowning, 'The Tia Frederick I know would never be sad over such a minor reason. You have become a joke, and it's because of Logan, a nerd. You've fallen in love with someone who isn't from our world. Like Andre, he's making you weak.'