CHAPTER 26: The Deadline Is Nearing

||CHAPTER 26: The Deadline Is Nearing||

Tia

Staring at the calendar on the wall, I use the red pen I was holding to draw a red cross on the date.

"Twentieth of October, two-thousand and fourteen." I mumble, after straightening the college blazer I was wearing. I place the red pen on the dressing table before leaving the room.

Now, it's been about four and a half months and according to the countdown application on my phone, I have 72 nights, 5 hours, and 51 minutes until New Year's Eve to make Logan Sutherland fall in love with me.

I was running on thin ice.

"How frustrating." I grumble, as I leave the room. I start walking down the steps, toward and into the kitchen where I see Alex, on the phone, pacing back and forth.

"Morning." I mouth, when entering the kitchen. Alex gave me a smile whilst gesturing toward the fresh plate of eggs and bacon, sitting on the bench top. At the wonderful sight, I feel a little drool escape.

Without a second thought, I grab the plate and start eating.

"I should be in a relationship with food." I moan in delight, as I take a second bite. When I hear a snort from Alex, I shot him a sheepish smile. "It's true." I said, though he was on the phone. "I want to be in a relationship with food, the bed, the pillow and blanket because their soul purpose in life is to please me and that's perfect."

A second snort left Alex's mouth, "You're an idiot." He responded, chuckling after he end the call.

"I am not." I bark.

After hearing the doorbell ring, I stop eating in order to anwer the door but Alex stopped me. "No. I'll answer the door." Alex said.

I shrug, and proceed with eating the delicious food.

"Hello Tia." I hear Ian's voice.

"Hi." Turning around, I see my cat in his arms - patting her with affection - much to her pleasure.

"That's rude, she doesn't ever let me cuddle her." I pout, staring at her.

'That moment of rejection, when your pet doesn't love you.'

"That because you cuddle her to death, little sister."

I glare at Alex, but the moment I do, I stop after realizing one little plan I thought in the hospital.

'Operation: Get Matt and Alex together and Ian can help me.'

I smirk, "The sooner the better."

"What?"

"I never said a word." I grin.

Alex gave me a suspicious glance before shrugging. "Ian, there's food on the bench top, or food in the fridge." He said, grabbing his black wallet and coat. "I'll be leaving." After pressing his lips against my forehead, he left the kitchen.

"Bacon." Ian said, placing the cat on the ground. He began approaching me with the look of admiration on his face.

That's when realization hit me....

He was after my bacon.

I stood, thus blocking him. "Oh, no, no, no!" I squeal. "That's the last piece of bacon!"

"That's the one reason I want to eat it, muffin!"

"I don't care!"

It was obvious who was the strongest in the room, and the outcome was predictable. However, I didn't care. The last piece of bacon was mine.