CHAPTER 17: Hot And Cold

||CHAPTER 17: Hot And Cold||

Tia

I stood there staring at Matt in shock. "You're gay?" I ask.

Matt bit his bottom lip and the look in his blue eyes gives me the answer I am looking for. A small smile forms on my lips as I run toward him leaping into his arms. Matt caught me with ease, his arms wrapping around my waist.

"Matt, please don't be nervous, you know I'll always be there to support you!" I said, reassuringly.

"Me too, Matt," Taylor said, crossing her arms over her chest. "I know it is very hard but we're your friends and true friends always support each other."

Matt let a small sigh slip. "I know but...I was nervous." He replied.

"Nervous?" I interrupted, "Matt, my brother is gay ." At the mention of Alex's sexuality, I heard Taylor mumble "Unfortunately". I roll my eyes, but proceed, "And I support him."

Matt shook his head, "It's not about support Tia." Matt protest, "I'm aware that our group isn't against the lgbtq community. However, Terry, will act differently around me, if he knows ." Matt sat on the bench, his fingers running through his blonde hair. "He and I are close, and I don't want to ruin the friendship between us. I don't like the thought of Terry being uncomfortable around me."

I saunter toward him and place my hand on his back. "Well, I won't tell Terry."

"I won't either." Taylor came through. "But Matt, don't you dare hide a secret from us. Or I will hit you in the face." As a warning, I slap Matt's head.

"Women are violent," Lucas said, interfering with our conversation.

Taylor and I glare at Lucas. "No, we're not!" We say in unison.

"Furthermore, women are stubborn," Logan said, supporting his stupid best-friend.

"Shut up Logan." I bark, biting my lip in frustration. "Without a doubt, you drive me insane," I grumble. Logan moves closer, and without my permission, his arms wrap around my waist.

"You never shut up." He whispers into my ear. Resisting the urge to shiver, I rest my hands on his chest, before pushing him except Logan didn't shift from his position. I was about to open my mouth to curse him, but he cut me off.

"I know, I know. You hate me."

****

There was constant knocking on my room door, and Logan's voice shouting "Hurry".

It was around 5:30 PM, and I was getting set for tonight. Tonight was the final football match, Ian's team against Logan's team. It's odd because I did not know that Ian, Matt, and Terry were on a football team. "Tia, seriously." Logan said, disrupting me from my thoughts.

"I'm coming. Wait." I shout, frustration clear in my voice. I start brushing my soft, long brown hair before pulling it into a complex ponytail. "There," I say, smiling in satisfaction.

After straightening my white, long sleeve shirt, I head toward my room door. When I open the door, a furious-looking Logan is staring at me, disappointment written in his orbs. However, the expression on his face became different after examining me.

His muscular arms folded across his chest, "What are you wearing?" He inquired, looking at me expectantly.

I decide to be a smart-ass and respond, "Clothes Logan. Clothes."

"Tia." He countered, "It's nine degrees, and you're wearing a skirt. I need you to change, please." Logan demanded, like the asshole he is. I stood motionless, refusing to listen to him. "Tia." He said, his voice warning me.