CHAPTER 30: I am Cupid

Dedication @moonxriver for her beautiful cover!

**

||CHAPTER 30: I am Cupid||

Tia

1st of September, 2014.

"Hello little sister." Alex said, with excitement in his voice, and a grin on his face.

"You're in good mood." I state, returning the smile. "What happened?" I ask, sitting on the couch, beside him.

"Well...." He started, "On the 25th of November, Aunt Heather is coming to Australia from New York."

Without a second thought, I scream in delight. "That's great." I chirp, giving Alex a tight hug. Feeling his arms wrap around, he brought me closer before placing a small kiss on my forehead.

"It's been a forever." I exclaim, as I break the hug. "I haven't seen or spoken to them in ages."

Heather Ferreira, was mum's little sister. She is a petite woman, with beautiful brown hair, and a great figure. She is fun, gorgeous, wild, sweet. Well, I can write an entire book on how great, and cool of a person Aunt Heather is. She is in her late twenties, single. No, it wasn't because no one was into her. Trust me, she was a hit with the men. However, Aunt Heather doesn't believe in commitment.

I suppose after mum and dad's death, I learnt from her.

"Oh and before I forget, Aunt Leanne is coming to Australia, too." Alex said, as a smirk crept onto his face.

"Oh god." I groan.

Leanne Khan, was mum's older sister. She was the opposite of Aunt Heather. First, she was in her late thirties, and married to Uncle Tarun, with two irritating but cool older children. Second, Aunt Leanne was the sweetest person. But, there are several times where her sweet self can be troublesome. Her caring went over the boundaries. She didn't know how to have fun, or joke around. Once, her two children and I wanted to go to an Avicii concert but she wouldn't allow us. It was frustrating. I was grateful that Uncle Tarun was there, because he understood.

Now, I knew that the moment she was her in Australia, she'd start investigating because she was an inquisitive person.

"Please tell me that's a lie." I whine, pouting.

"No. It's true." He said, "But Uncle Tarun, Taj and Varun will be coming, too."

Yes, Taj and Varun. Aunt Leanne was creative, wasn't she?

Note the sarcasm.

"I suppose that's better." I giggle, "I don't understand how Uncle Tarun can handle her."

Alex shrugs his shoulders, "Well, Aunt Leanne is the love of his life Tia. Yes she is a difficult person but I believe that when someone is in love, he or she will go through hell, to make their partner the luckiest person on earth. I hope in the future, I am with someone who cherishes me."

While Alex was talking, I could see the pain in his eyes, and feel the sadness in the air.

Once more, I hug him. "You will." I said, smiling an encouraging smile.

"Matt." I murmur.

"What?"

"Oh nothing." I laugh, breaking the hug before standing. "Alright, choose a movie and I shall return."

Without another word, I escape the living room, sprinting in direction of the kitchen.

When I enter the kitchen, I walk towards the home phone. "08 9091 2834." I mumble, as I enter in his number. Pressing the loudspeaker button, I wait after hearing the phone ring.