CHAPTER 42: A Stranger's Advice

||CHAPTER 42: A Stranger's Advice||

Tia

I was sitting on the windowsill, looking out the window, in deep thought.

It's been about a week from the time when Logan and I have spoken to one another. I exhale, leaning back. Inside, I know it was not Logan's fault. No, I was to blame, I should not have stood in between him and Ian but I did because I did not want Ian hurt.

Ian is a good – No, he was a great friend of mine and sometimes from time to time, I think he might be more. So Logan's sudden accusation was a surprise. It was Ian, Ian Pearce – he would never hurt me. Therefore I was mad at Logan, he was blaming Ian for a crime he did not commit. I know Logan was not fond of Ian but creating lies to break Ian and me apart

When I think about it, I think it was his plan was the beginning. It was his plan to rid of the competition and win me over.

'Which is working'

"He's terrible but, I can't stop loving him," I mumble, before groaning.

"I'm losing the bet."

'You've lost the bet'

I scream in frustration, "I don't want to lose the bet, I want to win!" Once more, I scream into the pillow.

His pillow.

His Manchester United pillow.

"Tia."

I looked towards the bedroom door and in front of me was Aunt Heather with a soft smile on her face.

Once she was on the bed, she took a deep breath before drumming her fingers on the bed, urging me to sit next to her. With a little reluctance, I sit next to her. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know," I murmur.

"I heard Leanne and Tarun spoke about the important matter?" Instead of answering, I nod. "Please don't be mad my angel, they are thinking about the future. Alex is twenty-two and he's the heir to the Frederick Empire. Therefore Leanne and Tarun want him to concentrate on his future and the business."

"Am I a distraction?" I ask, slowly.

"No darling." She said, immediately. "But, the government think Alex doesn't have the potential to be a guardian."

"I understand," I said, looking at my father's and mother's picture – which was on the wall.

"Well, Leanne's serving breakfast-"

I stop her mid-sentence, "Thank god, I'm starving. It is like I haven't eaten for ages!" I exclaim.

"I forgot to ask, how's the sickness?"

"It's becoming worse. I've been sick for about a week. It's killing me." I said, feigning a smile.  "But it's a different sick– I mean, I've been short of breath, worn out and nauseous. I don't know, it's weird."

As I was explaining, Aunt Heather was speechless and shock was written on her face. "Tell Leanne I'll be out for a while." She spoke in an immediate manner, "Oh and Tia, it'll be fine – I promise."

At her words, I feel tears threaten to fall. "I wish we never had the bet...." I whisper. I leave the bed and walk in front of the mirror.

I grimace.

It was the bruise from none other than The Logan Sutherland.

'It wasn't his fault.' I thought.

When I touch the bruise, I hiss in pain.