CHAPTER 32: Caught [Part 2]

||CHAPTER 32: Caught [PART 2] ||

  Tia

"Wait...." Ter said, trembling in anger. "You were aware about Danielle cheating on me with Lachlan but no one thought to tell me." There was pure vexation, and a little pain written on his face as he spoke. "I can't believe it!" His loud booming voice made me flinch in fear. I suppose in the time I've known Ter, I've never seen him mad. He's was the cheerful one, forever smiling. However, it was different now. I felt....frightened? Though, couldn't blame him because it was our fault - our fault for not telling him.

I felt as though I was a terrible friend.

Terrible.

Matt took a careful step forward, "Ter, please I need to explain." He said, biting his lip. "W-we didn't talk about it because we were afraid. Well - I was afraid because you wouldn't believe us." Mat took a deep breath, "T-That you wouldn't believe me...."

"I don't care, Matt!" He hiss, clenching his fist. "You were meant to tell me! You were meant to from the beginning instead of leaving me in the dark."

Lucas, Ian, Logan, Mr Harrison, The Principal and I stood in silence as we watch two best-friends fought. I suppose it was because we didn't want to interrupt a fight that wasn't ours. However - though I knew I should not - I felt the need to step into the argument. I felt the need to hug Ter, and reassure him. Hug him and tell him his friends were there for him.

"I thought we were friends...." Ter whispered, his voice soft with a hint of sadness. He was staring at the ground beneath him, refusing to look at us. "I thought - as a friend - we were not meant to keep secrets hidden." Turning around, he faces the other side.

With caution - and the help of the crutches - I took a step toward Ter. "Ter.." I murmur, "You need to understand Matt's side. It was difficult for him to talk about it because he didn't know the outcome. You could have either thought he was telling the truth, or he was a liar - and - You and I know it would have been the latter because you were in love with Danielle. You wouldn't have stopped to listen to Matt, or us."

"That's a lie!" Ter said.

Turning around, his built frame came crashing into mine with force. I squeal in surprise, and a little fright as I fall backwards. However before I can hit the ground, I felt a pair of strong arms capture me.

"I-Ian." I stammer.

Distress was written on Ian's face. Nevertheless, he gave me a soft smile. "You are a Klutz, Tia." He said, chuckling. As I pout, I felt him straighten me upward before giving me the right crutch I'd dropped.

"T-Tia, I didn't mean to." I overhear Ter shutter. Staring at Ter, he came a step closer. But, Ian took a step in front of me, thus stopping Ter from coming closer. Ter's face hardened once more. "Ian, it was an accident-"

"Accident or not, she would've been hurt, Terry." Logan said, as he stood next to Ian.

"Oh people care about Tia getting hurt but no one cares about me. It's forever Tia, Tia." He said. "She's the center of attention and other people are cast off because no one is as important as Tia."

I felt a pain course inside as Ter spoke because his words stung like a bee.

Ignoring the pain building inside, I decide to speak. "People are correct, Ter." I spat in anger, "When people are mad - or drunk, their true feelings begin to surface. Don't - Don't tell me it's not true!"

Ter took a step backward, "Whatever." He murmurs, before turning around, and leaving.

****

6:30 PM

When I read the clock, I groan in frustration. Then, I turn to the right and stare at the lava lamp with pure interest. I watch as the small bubble traveled north before merging into a another small bubble, thus becoming bigger than it was.

"Bubbles are cute." I giggle.

The moment I hear someone knocking on the door, I turn around to face the door before sitting straight, "The door isn't shut!" I shout.

"Hello Tia."

Entering the room - was none other than, Danielle. There was a small smile on her face, but I knew it was fake. Moreover, though she was wearing make-up on her face, I knew she was worn out.

I suppose it wasn't difficult because I once knew someone who was in her position.

That person was....

Me

"Danielle." I said, softly.

Closing the door, Danielle started walking toward me. Once she was near, she sat on the edge of the bed. I watch as she took a deep breath, her smile changing to a sad one as tears begin to flow down her face.

"T-Tia, I'm leaving."

**

Question time!

Who's HAPPY Danielle is leaving?

Should I enter, "The Nerd Is A PLAYER" for #Wattys2015? 

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE & FAN.

Love, E. V. M.

P.S Please forgive me because of the short chapter....