CHAPTER 9: We All Have Our Secrets That Make Us Weak

||CHAPTER 9: We All Have Our Secrets That Make Us Weak||

Logan

When I see her stumble, I act on pure instinct, and move towards as she collapses on the ground. "Tia!" I shout, running over before bringing her fragile self closer, "She's burning." I tell Alex.

"The doctor said she's sick because she hasn't been taking care of herself lately." Alex said, "Do you think you could bring her inside the house, please?" I hear him ask, smiling. With a small nod, I pick her up bridal style.

Walking ahead of me, Alex unlocks the front door, thus allowing me to enter their grand mansion. Alex led me upstairs, towards her room. When Alex opened the bedroom door for me, I walk in and place her on her bed.

As weird as it might seem, I couldn't stop staring at her. I mean, she had the look of a sweet and kind girl on her face. It was the same look I saw on her face last night. Speaking of last night, when Lucas and I had arrive at the event, I started looking for Tia to stir a little trouble. However, when I saw her walk out of the mansion, I was bewildered.

Tia Frederick, alone.

It was new.

"You're beginning to look like a creep." Alex said, chuckling, his voice disrupting me from my thoughts.

I watch as Alex took a step closer, before placing a thin blanker over her. "The principal said she was sick." I said, looking toward Alex. "He said because I have the highest grade at WMC, I could leave school and help her with her studies because Lucas is sick, too."

"Yes, the principal told me. Logan, I appreciate the help." He said, as he bent down to place a kiss on her forehead. Then, he sat at the edge of the bed, watching her sleep. "Tia's in denial but deep down, I know she's begging for help."

Either I was thinking too much, or his words had a deeper meaning to it. "Who's the man and the woman?" I ask, changing the topic when I caught sight of a picture in a gold-rim frame, which was hanging on the wall. It was a picture of a man and woman; smiling a sweet smile. The man and the woman had similar features to Alex and Tia; didn't take me long to add two and two together. Those were their parents, I think.

Alex didn't turn around to look. There was a sad smile on his face, he answers. "That's our parents."

"Oh. Where are Mr and Mrs Frederick?" I ask, curious.

Alex began to tremble in his place, as tears began to from. "Heaven."

'You're an idiot, Logan.' I thought, regretting the decision to interfere.

I look at the sleeping Tia, with regret. 'Her parents death must be the reason she was sad last night'

Great, I feel like an asshole.

'We all have our secrets that make us weak.'

Tia's weakness? Was the death of her parents which an idiot would use against her. No, I wasn't going to be that idiot. Yes, I didn't like her but I had a heart. "Oh god, I'm sorry" Alex giggles, before he stood up - wiping the tears from his face. "I need to freshen up. Logan, would you like to eat or drink?"

"Alex, may I have water, please?" I asked, nicely.

I knew Alex was stressing. Therefore, stressing him further wouldn't be good for his health because it didn't help his sister whatsoever. Smiling, Alex leaves the bedroom.

"You're a pain, Tia." I said, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. I sigh, I feel a little bit bad for starting the bet. I mean, now when I think about, I made the bet with her to teach her a lesson. One, she isn't a person of importance and two, people aren't beneath her. It's been two months; nowhere near New Year's Eve and neither one of us have made progress.

To me, last night did not count when Tia ran to me for comfort. In her weak state, she was willing to accept comfort from whoever was with her. I'm a little glad I found her, if not, someone else would've thought to take advantage of the situation.

"You're not as tough as people think."

I heard a soft whimper escape her lips, her head was moving left to right. "Don't lie to me Alex." I hear her mumble in her sleep, "Dad and mum are alive, don't lie!" Tia began to sob, and scream.

As I would for Laura or Belle, I wrap my arms around her shoulders, bringing her closer. I move back and forth, whispering sweet words into her ears. The trembling started decreasing but the tears weren't.

I felt bad to see her in such a terrible condition

"Don't be frightened Tia, it's a nightmare. I'm here." I whisper into her ear.

The line alone made the tears stop, and her eyes flutter open.

"Logan?" She said, muttering, blinking to determine if I was next to her or not.

"I'm here." I said, smiling.

"Please, don't." Tia ran her tongue over her bottom lip, before biting it. Hard. "It was Dad's line whenever I had a nightmare. Now, he's not with me." Once more, she was about to shed more tears but she took a deep breath, stopping herself. "I'm such a weakling." She giggles, gritting her teeth, "What's worse, I am weak in front of the rival.

"I'm not like-"

"Don't talk bullshit, Logan because no matter what people might think of feel, men are the fucking same." She said, cutting me off. "You'll use it against me Sutherland. It might now be now, but it will be a different time."

Tia's words were cutting deep, and it was making me mad. Here I was, comforting her and she didn't want to accept it.

God, if she thought she had the chance to win the bet, she is wrong.

'Brat' I thought.

"Oh? Harsh words from a person who's in love with breaking hearts." I said, furious. I place her on the bed, as I stood. "You're someone I hate Tia Frederick, and trust me, I'll never fall for you."

"Trust me, the feeling is mutual." She said, a scowl on her face.

'I am going to prove this girl wrong'

"Oh I don't think it's true." Without thinking, I lean down to her level and kiss her.

That's odd, for a girl who doesn't like me, she doesn't refuse me when I kiss her. But, I wasn't going to complain, her lips were addicting, I couldn't resist.

I feel Tia shift to the side without breaking the kiss, her arms go around my neck, and she pulls me closer to deepen the kiss we were sharing. "One minute." I whisper, as I break the kiss. I sit on her bed again and after I manage to pull her onto my lap. I kiss her. I couldn't get enough of her sweet lips. They were addicting they were my favorite flavor.

I feel her long slender legs wrap around my waist, and her arms going around my neck again. This left no space between us. Our kisses were slowly beginning to get heated. I bite her bottom lip asking for entrance, but the little vixen didn't allow me. I knew Tia Frederick would be a tease. My breathing was getting heavy and from what I could tell, so was hers.

Acting on instincts, I change our position, this broke the kiss. I had Tia lying on her back, with her legs dangling at the edge. My body was over hers; I pressed Tia against the bed, I had her hands pinned over her head preventing her from moving. I didn't want her to escape. I was the hunter and Tia was my prey.

"Are you going to kiss me Sutherland? Show me what-" Her words were cut short when a loud cough was heard. Our heads turn to where the sound came from. It was her brother at her bedroom door; behind him were Tia's group of friends.

Oh fuck.

**

Question Time!

Did you like the chapter?

What do you think of their relationship?

Who do you want Tia to end up with?

Well then share your comments, I would love to read them!

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN & SHARE

Love, E. V. M.