CHAPTER 25: Once A runner, Forever A Runner

||CHAPTER 25: Once A Runner, Forever A Runner||

Tia

29th of May, 2014. 

"Hello beautiful."  

"Hi." I smile, looking at Ian after closing the locker door. "  

First subject, two hours of Math with Danielle, Lucas but not Logan.  

'The thought is saddening. We haven't seen him for two weeks! Stop listening to Kate and talk to him'  

Though the thought of visiting Logan was tempting, I didn't because a promise is a promise.  

'Promises are meant to be broken' 

"I wish...." I mutter.  

"What's the matter, Tia?" When I look at Ian, I see an anxious expression on his face. "You been quiet, and rather....lost?"  

I am lost. 

"Ian, I'm fine." I feign a smile.  

Without a second word, I leave.  

Logan was in the hospital, and who was to blame? Me.  

However, avoiding Logan was simple because he was in the hospital for the last two weeks. Though, I did overhear that he was returning tomorrow. I wasn't living with the Sutherland's no more because after what happened, Alex's trip was cancelled. Therefore, I was at the mansion.  

Part of me was content. Part of me wasn't.  

When I was living with the Sutherland's, if felt as thought Mum and Dad were alive.  

At school, avoiding the staring, glaring, and whispering was difficult because News about Esperance spread like a terrible fire.  

"I can't believe she hurt Logan...." I heard someone whispers, as I walk through the corridor.  

"Well, she's a bitch."  

"Logan is a good person, but her?"  

I felt tears threaten to escape, but I won't shed a tear to give those fools the satisfaction of seeing me in tears.  

When I enter the Math class, I walk in direction of the vacant seat next to Danielle. "Hi." I mumble.  

"Hello." Danielle said, a small encouraging smile on her face.  

Yes, I was upset with Danielle but at the moment, I didn't care.  

"Oh god, I hate her." The girl next to me said, with a glare.  

Danielle stood, whilst slamming her fist against the desk, thus making the girls spring in fear. "Here's a piece of advice darling, shut up before I tear those disgusting false extensions."  

"Danielle, please don't begin a fight." Miss Turner stood from her chair. "Oh and Natalie, please see the Principal because I will not tolerate terrible behavior."  

When Natalie did not leave, Miss Turner shot her a cold hard glare. "Now."  

Muttering profanities under her breath, Natalie took her leave. The second Natalie left, was the second Lucas stepped into the classroom.  

"I apologize for being late future Mrs Harrison."  

A small, visible blush crept onto her face. "B-Be quiet."  

Lucas started walking toward Danielle, and I. "Hello." He stopped for a moment, placing a small note on the desk. "You're in trouble, Miss Frederick."