CHAPTER 35: Safe In His Arms

AUTHOR'S NOTE

(*) Love me Harder

**

||CHAPTER 35: Safe In His Arms||

*Tia's POV*

"Logan."

He was standing a meter in front, with a gentle smile on his face. His brown hair was a little chaotic but alas, it didn't look terrible. His black, rectangular spectacles, on his face, hiding those hazel-blue eyes. He was wearing a white, V-neck shirt, and a black leather jacket. With the outfit, was a pair of black jeans and maroon vans.

I stood, before dusting invisible dirt of the clothes I was wearing, "H-How?" I ask, stammering as I spoke.

Logan took a deep breath, whilst running his fingers through his hair, "About a week ago, Joseph spoke to me at college." He started, "He started talking about your plan to visit your father and mother. He said, you want to visit them alone because you're afraid of people seeing your weak side. He said, you're hurting inside, bad. That, you don't want people helping, because it's giving the person a chance to hurt you." As Logan spoke, he kept walking forward. Once he was near, I turn around to face the other-side because his words were beginning to strike me. Hard. "You don't want the past happening again, right? Therefore, you're afraid of trusting those who care, and would never think about hurting you."

Yes, Logan was correct. But, I would rather commit a crime, than state it was the truth.

Yes, I was afraid of the past happening again.

Yes, I was afraid of the person I trust, hurting me.

But overall, I was afraid of the person I care about, leaving me.

I sigh, ignoring the pain building inside, "Logan, it's not true, trust me." I lie, "I don't need a superman, understood? Whatever Joseph said, isn't the truth. Yes, Dad and Mum are dead but, it's life. It's saddening but life doesn't wait, for a minute or a second. We must move forward, with a smile. "

'Lies'

"I do not want people thinking I'm weak, or that I need someone to fix me, because I am not broken."

'Lies'

"I'm f-fine." I choke, with a soft whisper.

'Lies'

"Princess...." Logan said, "You're not the greatest liar." I felt his arms slither around my waist, before he brought me close. "When we first met, in English class, I thought, you're a spoilt brat with no heart. But, the more time we spent together, I learnt I was a little wrong. You are spoilt, and a brat." He said, chuckling. At his joke, I smile and elbow him, thus earning me a soft grunt. "I'm only joking, you are the sweetest person and it's a shame people haven't seen it. I think it's because you're a great actress. I'm lucky I had the chance to see it." Logan's arms around me, tightened. "I had the chance to see the different side to Miss Tia Frederick."

I broke.

Twirling around, I started shedding tears. "L-Logan, I'm afraid." I stutter, "You're right, I don't want the past happening again because I'll break! I don't want to feel more pain, Logan, I can't. Before, it took me two years to recover. Two. It was difficult because apart from Alex, there weren't friends to support me. Those who - I thought were friends, left. Honestly, I don't think I've recovered properly yet." Pausing for a minute, I take a deep breath, "Logan. I hate people who leave me alone. First Andre, Dad, Mum and-"

"Princess." Logan spoke, seriousness in his voice. "I promise, I will never leave, ever. I said it before, I am the handsome leech, who will never think about leaving on purpose. I said it before Princess, I am a friend." His thumb ran across my left cheek in a gentle manner, erasing the tears which were cascading down. Smiling, he brought me closer than before, leaving no space between us, whatsoever.