CHAPTER 40: The Announcement

||CHAPTER 40: The Announcement||

Tia

"Morning, Morning, Uncle Tarun," I said, greeting him with a cheerful smile.

Uncle Tarun was in our lounge room, sitting on the couch while reading a newspaper. "Good Morning, Floss." He said, placing his newspaper on the coffee table next to him.

Floss, was a nickname for me for Uncle Tarun because according to him, I was his little Fairy Floss.

"How was last night?"

I sit on his armchair, "It was...." I stop mid-sentence, thinking of a good word, "Fantastic, Ian is great at planning dates."

There was a short chuckle, echoing throughout the room, "Women, strange creatures."

We hear a scoff, "Excuse me, Tarun."

 'Oh, oh'

I start giggling at Uncle Tarun's pale face, "Someone's in trouble." I tease, whispering into his ear.

In front of us, with a furious look on her face, and a plate of fresh cookies, stood Aunt Leanne.

"I meant beautiful." Uncle Tarun said.

"I'm quite certain I heard strange, Uncle Tarun," I said, and as a consequence, earning a glare from him.

"Floss."

"Do not blame Tia." Aunt Leanne said, tapping her right foot against the tile floor.

I smile at their little quarrel.

In a discreet manner, I tip-toe towards the arch – leading into the corridor. As I was about to leave, I heard Uncle Tarun.

"Floss, when Alex and I are – home. You, Leanne, Alex and I have an important discussion." He said, his voice serious. It was unusual but nonetheless, I nodded in understanding before leaving the room. 

'It's boring....' 

It was around 8 in the morning and there was nothing on the 'to-do' list.

Aunt Heather was in Perth for about a night or two because of a business matter.

Matt was with someone, I don't know because he wouldn't utter a single word.

Ian was with his grandfather, discussing business.

Taylor was on a date with her unknown caller – otherwise known as, Lucas.

Logan was with Kate, the witch.

Taj and Varun are out, I don't where.

"I better start Christmas shopping...."  

At the idea, I start running toward the lounge room and when I walk in, I see Uncle Tarun kissing Aunt Leanne's forehead.

"What's wrong, Floss?"

I beam, "I need a lift."

"No problem, I think the limo is waiting outside." He said as he took his case from Aunt Leanne. "Shall we?"

Uncle Tarun and I bid Aunt Leanne farewell before leaving the mansion together. In front was the black limo, with Tim next to it.

"Tim!" I shout, giving him a short hug.

"Good morning Tia." He said, "And, Mr Khan, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise." Uncle Tarun said as we stepped into the car. "So...." He began, once the limo was on the road.