BONUS CHAPTER 10K READS

First of all, I want to thank everyone who read this book. Every vote and every comment means a lot to me. I am extremely thankful for them. This book was written as part of my process of getting out of my depression, so having you guys like it, is even more special for me.

This chapter is somewhat related to Moon of the damned and happens after the Plague is over.

Now, on to the bonus chapter! ❤

Rose

"Eva, sweetheart! I'm so happy you came to see us!" I tell her and pull her in my arms.

"Good to see you, mom!" She hugs me sweetly. Her hugs have always been the best and I've missed her soo much.

"Would you two come inside, already?" Theo comes behind me and guides us both inside. "It's kinda pouring out there." He says while pulling Eva into a bear hug.

"Dad! I can't breathe!" She fake pretends as she bursts into a soft chuckle. "I've missed you too, dad." He lets her go and she arranges back her dress.

"Dinner is waiting." I take her hand and we all sit down at the table.

"So what have you been working on lately?" Theo asks her with genuine interest.

"Just helping Ella at the hospital. There is still so much to be done, so many sick people. I once dreamt of finding a cure for cancer. Now I only dream of seeing all the kids walking out the hospital door happy and healthy." She says that with a bittersweet smile on her face.

"And you are doing an amazing job, my sweet baby." I tell her and take her hand in mine. "Don't underestimate the impact that you have in this world, the legacy that you leave to all humanity. You helped save the world. You should stand proud!"

"I'm pregnant..." her small voice silences the room as she hides her face in her palms.

"How?" Theo asks shocked.

"Do you really want to remind you how babies are made, dad?" She asks with her usual sassy tone.

"I mean... you don't have a boyfriend... do you?" He asks her confused.

"His name is Adam..."

"Please tell me it's not who I think..."

"Yes."

"Jan's brother? He's barely 24." Theo is starting to lose his temper.

"Sweetheart, are you his mate?" I ask her raising my eyebrow, my heart clenched in my chest.

"Yes, mom. I'm his damn mate. I've fallen for this mate shit and now I am pregnant and I don't know how I feel about this.

"Why? If he is your mate, he will love you until the end of time." I ask her confused.

"Because I love Sara, mom. I was planning on asking her to marry me. I thought she was my better half in this world. And now.. not only have I betrayed her, but I have a mate.. and he got me pregnant. I don't even know how he got me to sleep with him that night."

"This is way too much information for me..." Theo tries to get up and leave the table but I pull him back down.

"Sit down, Theo. She is trusting us to help us get out of this situation. You are staying here and helping!" I tell him a little angry.

"Fine.. I apologise, cupcake. But first you tell us you are pregnant, then you tell us you were planning on marrying Sara... she's your best friend."

"She's my lover, dad. I'm gay... or at least I thought I was until he came along."

"Sweetheart, who you love doesn't change anything for us. I am truly sorry you are going through this, but I have to ask. Do you feel anything for him?"

"He's been dropping by at the hospital every day... he brings me lunch and makes sure I eat. He tries so hard to make me laugh." She tells us with a small smile on her face.

"Does he know?" I ask her.

"I'm sure he does. I can hear the babies heartbeats from here. And you smell different."

"Heartbeats?" She asks us panicking. Her skin goes pale and she starts hyperventilating.

"I'm sorry, cupcake. I thought you knew. You're having twins." Theo tells her and I jump off my chair to wrap my arms around her.

"Fuck! Can't this damn twin gene skip us? I can't have two babies! Mom, I never wanted babies!" By now, she is almost having a panick attack.

"Eva, breathe... you are going to be a wonderful mother. Just remember what an amazing aunt you are, what an amazing doctor. Children love you... breathe, baby." I soothe her while caressing her hair. He face is hidden in her hair as she softly cries.

"Your mom is right, cupcake. You'll be amazing." Theo comes closer and takes her hand. "You are the strongest and most stubborn woman I know.. after your mother, of course." He tells her and she gives him a small giggle.

"Thanks, dad." She looks at him and finally calms down.

"Do you want to call Adam now? Or Sara?" I ask her afraid that I might have pushed her too far by mistake.

"I've got to tell Sara the truth. I will eventually give into the bond, I guess." She says, letting out a deep sigh.

"You could reject him." Theo speaks before he thinks.

"I've thought about that also... but I am carrying his...children... and by some fucked up destiny, his body chemically recognizes me as his perfect match... and mine does also, as much as I hate to admit it. What's the point? I will give into him anyway."

"Don't put it like that. You will fall in love with him at some point. He will love you as well. I am sure about that. You will be happy with him. He is a wonderful guy!"

"He is a kid, mom!" She tells me while hiding her face in her palms again. "I'm 4 years older than him. Fuck!" Theo tries to contain a small smile, but can't help it. I smile a little as well.

"You've been there and done that, honey!"

"Mooooom! I can't believe you just said that!" She gets all red and starts laughing.

"It had to be said! You were throwing fucks around... I just had to." She continues laughing and calms down.

"I love you guys! You are really the best." She tells us with all the love in her eyes.

"Luv you too, sweetie. Everything will be fine." He gets up from his chair and wraps her arms around her.

"Thanks, daddy!"