Chapter 41

Rose

It's been two weeks since Theo has returned. I tried to be civil around him this entire time. He hasn't pushed me into talking to him or doing any sort of activities. He's mostly focused on Eva. He is so happy that he has a daughter that he is simply radiating joy and love. I find it quite difficult to want to snap his neck when he is like this.

So here I am, standing in the bedroom door, watching him craddling her in his arms while feeding her the special formula Ivy has developed. I am lost at words. My heart flutters in my chest at the sight of this gorgeous man, this fierce predator, all wrapped around our daughter's little finger.

'She has you wipped.' I tell him, not being able to hide a small smile.

He puts Eva in the crib and comes closer to me. His eyes are dancing with joy and hope. His face looks so different. I could see the darkness in him before, but now, all I can see is longing, adoration...

'You've changed.' I tell him while lowering my look, to hide from his eyes.

'I did... and so did you.' His deep voice melts my insides.

'I had to. Things are different now.'

'Are they?' He asks while his hand touches my cheek, sending milion jolts of desire throughout my body. Damn sensitive vampire skin! 'I feel no darkness now.' He continues to touch my cheek with his soft fingers.

I lift me eyes and meet his.

'What do you mean?' I ask him confused.

'I'm pretty sure you feel this too. It's our daughter. The moment I first held her, she rewired my entire being. My entire purpose in this world has changed. She literally changed my life and I have you to thank for that, as I have to thank you for all the other important things in my life.'

His words cut right through my walls and aim straight to my heart, making it beat faster, beat for him.

'And what is that?' I force myself to continue speaking.

'You... your love that has been my guiding star in the darkness... our daughter.' He speaks while the space between us slowly dissappears. His lips are now inches away from mine. His eyes are burning me, making my legs shake and my skin flush with desire. My entire body is under his spell. He looks at my lips and takes a sharp breath. Then he places a tender kiss on my forehead.

'I love you, Rose. I always will.' He places another kiss on the top of my head and leaves the room.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and collapse against the closed door, tears pooling in my eyes.

Eva's giggles fill the room, snapping me out of my state. I walk towards her crib and pick her up.

'What am I going to do, little butterfly?' I ask her while her eyes fixate on my lips.

'Do you think I should forgive him?' I continue speaking. She continues to look at me while a big smile spreads around her face, melting my heart, just like every other time she has done this.

'You want me to forgive him.' I smile at my adorable daughter. She grabs my finger and giggles. Of course, she does.

Theo

I walk out of her room and go directly to my bathroom to take a cold shower. These last two weeks have really fucked up my brain. It's almost impossible to see her all the time and not be able to hold her, to at least give her a kiss.

It was a huge risk for me to do what i just did. It was even a bigger risk because I actually wanted to kiss her and so did she, at least her body wanted it. But I want her mind and her soul back.

Damn... Every time I see her holding our daughter I just want to wrap my arms around her and kiss those delicious lips. I almost did that but I stopped. We only have a few days since the last time she threatened to snap my neck again. Her temper is quite fiery and I was afraid to push her. I don't want to lose her again. I'm afraid it might be for good this time. She doesn't need me. She is the strongest and bravest woman I have ever seen, not to mention the most beautiful.

Yes, the world we live in is filled with chaos. The war has left deep wounds in our society's core and took us 30 years back. People were expecting to have flying cars and hologram phone calls in 2060, but things are the same, except we learned to value peace and life a little more. But she is an old soul. She listens to music that's at least 50 years old. She collects books, the paper type ones. My Rose is unique.

I turn off the water and step out of the shower. As I return to my bedroom, I see Rose standing in the middle of the room. Her eyes wander over my naked body and stop at the towel wrapped around my waist.

Fuck! That shower was definitely not cold enough. I can feel myself getting hard under her burning look. She notices the way my body reacts to her and walks in front of me, her face inches away from mine.

Her eyes are filled with confusion and panic. She raises her small hand and runs her finger on my cheek. I close my eyes and lavish in the feeling of her touch. I feel her guiding my head, gently pulling me down. I am afraid that if I open my eyes, she will get scared and stop whatever she is doing. My body is on fire under her touch and fireworks explode under my skin when I feel her breath fanning my lips.

She just stay there. I can feel her proximity, I can hear her heartbeat, smell her panic. I gently bring my hand on her waist and encourage her to move closer. Her body is now against mine and she can feel how hard she's gotten me.

I slowly move my hand upward on her back, begging her inside my mind to kiss me. She finally presses her lips against mine and my mind goes in a whirpool of feelings. Guilt, love, panic, all dance around in my mind while her tongue invades my mouth, searching for mine.

She kisses me with all her fury and pain, her love and desperation. The kiss is raw, like a punishment.

Then, she breaks the kiss and speed runs out of my room without saying a word, leaving me needing her, craving her lips, her skin, her warmth.