Chapter 20

Rose

Blood. There's blood on his clothes and around his mouth. I panic as I pull him in my room. His phone rings and I take it out. It's Selena. I answer it with trembling hands, crying with fear.

'Selena. He's been shot. I think two times. There's blood everywhere on his clothes.' I cry on the phone.

'Calm down, sweetheart and listen to me. You need to take out the bullets.' She says on a calm voice.

'What the fuck? I can't do that! I'll call an ambulance.' i support the phone with my shoulder while trying to investigate where all the blood is coming from. My hands are shaking with fear and my mind is in shock.

'NOOO!!! Rose, listen to me. Whatever you do, don't call the ambulance. You will make it worse for all of us. Listen to me. Go find the first aid kit and some scissors and take out his bullets. Can you do that for me? We will be there as soon as the storm passes.'

'What storm?' I ask her confused.

'The one that will hit Malta any minute now.' I hear a loud thunder outside and rain starts pouring against my window.

'Oh... The storm is here. See you soon.'

'Take care of him, Rosie. I love you.'

'I will take care of him. I love you too.' I hang up the phone and drag Theo towards my bed. He is incredibly heavy and it take my entire body strength to get him onto the bed.

Then I go put some water to boil, find the first aid kit and some scissors. I disinfect the scissors by holding them against the stove flame and return to Theo. 

I take off his coat and cut off his t-shirt. There are two small holes that aren't bleeding anymore.

I press on the wound from his shoulder to see where the bullet is. I have no idea what I'm doing so I just stick the scissors inside the hole and hope to just find it. 

Theo wakes up screaming in pain when I insert the scissors, holding his fist up at me. 

'It's me!' I scream in fear, my entire body shaking, falling off the bed.

His eyes widen when he realizes where he is and he calms down.

'Forgive me.' he mutters while he loses consciousness again.

I take advantage of the fact that he is out again and manage to fish out the bullet. The storm is in full rage outside. The rain is knocking against my window as lightnings light up the sky.

I clean up his wound with some iodine and other stuff that I found in the first aid kit and I move lower to the bullet wound in his arm, but the wound is already closed. There's only a small dot where the wound use to be.

'That's strange!' I say it out loud looking at him. I decide not to dwell on it for now as I need to clean up his body from all the blood. I take the bowl of boiled water and a cloth and start cleaning him up, slowly moving it across his skin.

I look at the wound that is on his shoulder and I see it slowly closing itself. He's healing even faster than I do. I go to the laundry room and put all the dirty clothes into the laundry basket and return to my bedroom. He's still in the same position as I left him. I decide that there is no point in trying to wake him up, so he can just stay here and sleep. Also, I am afraid something bad might happen to him and I want to know him close to me. With trembling hands I unbutton his jeans and pull them off his legs, leaving him only in his boxers.

I stare at him for a few seconds before I manage to snap out of it and find a blanket to cover us both. I scooch in bed, next to him, feeling his cold skin touching mine, and I pull up the big fluffy blanket to cover us.  

Theo

I wake up with a familiar scent of milk and honey filling my head. As I open my eyes, I see Rose cuddled in my arms. Her hair is spread across the pillow while her head rests on my shoulder. She softly moves her lips and frowns while she throws her hand over my chest, as the loud thunders crack outside. Her body is so warm and delicate, her face is so peaceful. I realize my hand is under her head, holding her close to me.

In that moment I dawns me: I wish to wake up next to her every day. I've never slept with a woman in my arms. I've never allowed a woman to spend the night. And even if I had fallen asleep from exhaustion with some of them, I've never held any of them in my arms.

She moves her head again and lifts her lips towards my face. Would she wake up if I kissed her? I lean in and touch her lips with mine, lightly, just like a feather. Her lips part in surprise as a soft sigh leaves her mouth. I can't control my desire and I pull her entire body closer to mine while claiming her lips. She wakes up in my embrace but doesn't push me away. She just runs her hand through my hair, urging me to kiss her more. I slide my hand under her nightgown, searching for her warm skin and she trembles at the feeling of my cold fingertips. My hand travels up, to the base of her left breast, making her pull my hair even harder. I bite her lower lip, gaining a soft moan from her which is driving me crazy but I stop myself to look at her.

I look into her eyes, searching for approval but all I can see is confusion. She is confused... she is scared. I can smell desire emanating from every inch of her skin, but her heart is confused. I kiss her button nose and go into the shower. There are bloody cloths on the sink and the whole place looks like one big mess.

I bet she has a lot of questions for me. I think to myself while turning on the shower. Five minutes later I exit the bathroom, with only a towel wrapped around my waist and see her standing on the side of the bed.

'What happened to you last night?' She asks with a soft voice.

'I got shut for walking on a drug sale by mistake.' I tell her a partial truth.

She is now standing in front of me, looking into my eyes and I can see all her emotions: fear, desperation, desire. All there... All for me. I lower my head and capture her lips again, letting my towel fall on the floor.