Chapter 22

Rose

After that night, Theo went to Palermo for almost three weeks because Dorian insisted that he needed his help with some business deals. He hasn't called me or even texted me to ask me if I am ok. He ran away. Typical Theo. At least now I don't see him parading whores in front of my eyes.

It's the beginning of December and Matteo is pressuring me to put a label on what we are. After the night with Theo, I avoided him at school for a couple of days. We went on another date and he kissed me a couple of times. I felt nothing. His kisses don't light up even a flicker inside me.

'So, what should I do, Anna?' I ask her while we both sit on the living room couch, drinking some red wine.

'I think you should fuck Matt just to make Theo jealous. I mean, clearly he is into you but he doesn't want to commit. You need to play the same cards he plays and give him a taste of his fuckin' medicine, pun intended.' She tells me while she takes another large sip of her wine.

'I don't know if I can do that. I mean, I love Theo. It didn't take me long to see that. I think I've been in love with him ever since I was 13.' I confess to her.

'That's fucked up, Rose. Then tell Mat the truth. Don't lead him on. The guy is quite nice and even though he is hot as fuck he doesn't go around seducing other girls in school.' Anna defends him.

'He deserves someone better.' I finish my glass of wine.

'Don't be silly. You are are good enough for him. Have you seen yourself? You look like an angel 90 % of the time and the other 10% you look like a bombshell. What he does deserve is a girl that loves him.'

I can't help but feel a sense of guilt while hearing Anna's words.

'Why don't you call Theo?' Anna asks me while raising her eyebrow.

'I don't want to throw myself at him again. We almost had sex, Anna, and he ran off into the sunset again like when he first kissed me.'

'CALL HIM NOOOOW!' Anna tells me on a menacing tone.

I don't know if it is the alcohol or not I pick up the phone and call him.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings. And then the line connects and I hear a woman's voice barely breathing.

'Hello?' She asks and my heart shatters in billions of pieces. I end the call and start to cry like crazy. Anna panics and hugs me, trying to calm me down.

'Rose, what happened?' She asks me while stroking my hair.

'A woman...answered...the phone...' I manage to tell her and continue crying.

'Baby? Stop crying. Fight fire with fire. Beat the player at its own game.' She tells me while whipping my tears away.

'Stop crying. We are going to dress up like sexy divas, you are going to call Mat and we are all going out tonight to get smashed.'

'I can't do that!' I try to dismiss her idea but she's not buying it.

'Stop crying after a jerk, Rose! You are a strong, beautiful and independent woman! Act like one, for fuck's sake!'

Her words resonate in my mind and I decide to follow her advice. I pour myself another glass of wine and go for another bottle. I open the wine fridge but it's empty. I go to the storage room to find more and I see Theo's favorite drink. I take out a carton and open it up. I go to the kitchen and pour myself a glass. The liquid is thick as blood. It looks disgusting so I throw the entire carton into the trashcan and empty the glass in the sink. My stomach twists when I see the red liquid draining down the sink.

I return to the storage room to find the last bottle of my favorite wine and return to Anna.

'Let's get smashed tonight!' I tell her while lifting the bottle in the air.

We go to my room to dress up for tonight. I send Mat a text with the address to meet us at Havana in one hour. I put on an incredibly short elastic dress that lifts my boobs, making them beg for attention.

As we arrive at Havana we start doing shots. Time flies and before we realize it's 3am and we are all smashed. Good think tomorrow is Sunday.

Mat looks extremely fuckable tonight. Even I can't help but stare at him. He's wearing a dark blue t-shirt with a pair of jeans and some super cool Superstars in his feet. So simple, yet so hot. His curls hang loosely across his face, making him look boyish and sexy at the same time.

'Stop staring at him and go to your boyfriend before any of these whore here stick a tongue down his throat!' Anna pushes me from behind.

I go and wrap my hands around his neck and pull him in a passionate kiss.

'Damn, Rose. I've been waiting for you to do that for almost three months.'

I approach his ear and tell him what he's been hoping to hear this entire time.

'Then tonight is your lucky night.' I place a moist kiss on his neck, just under his ear while my hand travels up to his hair. He looks at me with lust in his eyes, just what I wanted.

I take his hand and drag him outside, kissing him and winking at him. I am drunk as fuck and I currently don't care about my virginity, I don't care about feelings. I just want to feel wanted, I want to feel him desire me. I am tired of being rejected. I just want my heart to be safe.

As we get back to my house, I guide him to my bedroom as we continue to make out. I close my door and he pushes me against it, kissing my neck and lifting my leg up on his hip. I can feel how hard he is through his jeans.

I push him away from me and towards the bed. I climb on top of him while he unzips my dress. I take his t-shirt off and he spins me around so he's now on top.

He peels off my dress studying my black underwear set, my curves. He runs his fingertips on my legs and towards my hips while climbing back on top of me. He kisses my lips while I wrap my legs around him and pull him closer to my body. He kisses my neck and I remember Theo's kisses, letting out a loud moan. I try to focus on his face, his eyes, his lips, but all my heart can think of is Theo and his kisses, his touch. I try to gather my thoughts and be present in this moment. If I'm going to lose my virginity, at least I should focus on the moment it happens.

Matteo undoes my bra and starts peeling it off my shoulder when my door suddenly opens.

'Get the fuck off from her!'