Chapter 19

Rose

It's been two weeks since I saw the naked blonde roaming around the hallways. I cried myself to sleep every night. I even cried in the bathrooms of the university, in the cafeteria, but no more. I feel like an empty shell by now. My body is weak and my heart is constantly pulling me towards him. I have entire days when I dream about the kiss we shared. My skin burns every time I remember it while my abdomen twists in a knot. 

When he looks at me my mind goes completely blank but my body instantly lights up with desire, this whole new sensation for me. Yeah, I kissed some guys in highschool, but none of them woke up this fire in me and this man can do it by just looking into my eyes. I stare at myself in the mirror and pray to God to forget him, but right now, it all seems pointless.

'He doesn't want you, Rose. He doesn't love you. You are just a silly little girl for him. He only wants whores that he can fuck and then throw out the door.' I tell to myself in the mirror while applying my makeup.

Tonight is the night I start a new chapter of my life with Matteo. He has invited me to this fashion event that will take place at the Hilton Hotel. I took advantage of this occasion to get all dressed up. I did my hair, make-up, put on a dusty pink cocktail dress that shows a lot of cleavage with a strapless bra. I don't care if Theo sees me or not, I'm leaving anyway. I take my long and elegant autumn coat in my hand and make my way downstairs.

'And just where do you think you are going?' I hear a low voice booming in the dark living room.

'If you're gonna be an asshole, at least be one with the lights on.' I tell him sarcastically. "You scared the shit out of me!"

He gets up from his chair and walks towards me, studying me from head to toes. He stops in front of me and lowers his head to my ear.

'You still haven't told me where you're going, princess.'

I push him away and give him a deadly glare.

'It's none of your business.' And with that I enter the garage, take my car and drive away.

My phone rings. Theo, of course. 'Jerk!' I say and turn off the phone.

As I get to Hilton I see Matteo waiting for me at the entrance into the lobby. He walks straight towards me, looking like he's just seen a Christmas tree for the first time in his life. 

'You look stunning!' he tells me and pulls me into a surprising kiss.

Theo

Why does she have to be so?... So... I don't even know how the fuck she is! Why do I think about her all the time? I had this whole scenario perfectly prepared for my entire life. I would go to the battle field, kill some bad people to get my shit under control and then return home and live a simple life of drinking and partying without any strings attached. Whenever needed, I would return to the army and so on.

I wasn't supposed to have feelings. This shit is what makes me go crazy and crave the blood and lives of innocent people in the first place. Why do I have all these feelings around her? She's just 18. What the fuck is wrong with me? All these years not falling for anyone and now this little one has me fantasizing about her when I fuck other women. The worst part is that I don't know how to make these feelings go away. I don't know if I even want them to go away. Whenever she is around me I feel completely at peace, except for the fact that I want to fuck her 'till she forgets her name. I feel possessiveness, jealousy and anger, but also peace and lightness in my heart. 

I am definitely losing my mind. I feel the thirst and darkness crawling out in my mind and I know I am losing it again. I have to do something.

Tonight I'll go out in town for a kill. I'll lurk on every alley and in every club searching for my perfect victim: a rapist, a dealer. I must find something. This country can't be the country of saints.

The night was beginning to look like a waste of time and I was beginning to lose hope, that is until I saw a dealer selling some pills to a young woman, probably Rose's age. I felt my blood boiling in rage and I let out a low growl to scare her away. She ran off to her car while the guy drew out a gun from his pocket to defend himself from the unknown. 

I wait for the girl's car to take a corner and then I put on my gloves. I smile to myself knowing it will be a good hunt. I lunge towards him and he shoots me in the shoulder. 

'What a lousy shot.' I tell him while punching his nose. 'Now, tell me. Where did you get the drugs?'

'Fuck you, man!' he replies to me.

He manages to put his hand on the gun again and shoots me in the arm this time. He's beginning to get on my nerves.

'Really now. You could at least aimed for the head.' I tell him while my eyes get black and my fangs come out.

'Where did you get the drugs?' I ask him again but he is in panic mode from seeing me turn. I decide to end his misery and just dry him out. I bite directly into his carotid and feel a juicy flow of blood pumping inside my mouth. I drink and drink until I feel his heartbeat slowing down to the point of death. 

I stop because I have to make it look like a battle zone. I punch his ribs to fracture them and then I take out the knife from his pocket and stick it into the bites I just made. I hear his heart stopping while the life from his eyes fades away.

I get up and feel the bullets inside me. 'Thanks, mom!' I say to myself knowing that I don't heal as fast as my father does. I don't bleed much but the bullets need to be removed as my body is not capable of pushing them out. If I don't get them removed soon enough I will black out for my body to heal with the bullets inside me and I really don't want that.

I look at my clothes to see if there is any of my blood dripping on the concrete. I can't see anything but I can feel my clothing getting wetter with blood every second. I have to get home before I black out.

I hop on to my bike and drive, speeding through the cars while I can see my vision blurring more by the minute. Fifteen minutes later I get home and crawl myself up the stairs. I manage to get to get in front of Rose's bedroom and I collapse, hitting my head hard against her door.

I feel her door opening while my head slides to the floor and then I hear her angelic voice.

'Theo???'