Chapter 12

Rose

As I go back to my bedroom I look I look at myself in the bathroom mirror. My dress is all wet and sticking to my body. Suddenly, realization hits me, why he was looking at me like he did. He was checking me out! My mind clouds with confusion. This man was supposed to be my protector, my guardian, not my lover. But again, I think about his eyes, his body, his face and realize I can't keep my eyes off him either...

I feel my body shiver from cold and I decide to go take a hot shower. By the time I finish getting dressed, the front door rings.

I walk downstairs and see Theo dressed up in a black t-shirt and some jeans holding the door open.

'I've got this, Theo. The lady is here to see me.' I tell him while extending my hand to the lady standing outside.

'Hello miss Rose. I am sorry for arriving so late but the rain slowed me down. My name is Maria. I believe  Mrs. Black told you about me.'

'Hello Maria. Come in and take a seat. Selena told me all about you.' I turn around and see Theo looking at us all confused.

'Sit down, Theo.' I tell him and he complies but not before giving me a glare.

'Maria, this is Theo. He is the owner of the house. Theo, Maria will be our maid. She will be living with us.'

Theo jumps out of his chair.

'She will not be living with us. She can be our maid but she won't be living here.' Theo says in a very calculated voice.

'Maria, is that OK with you? I apologize for the sudden change of plans. We weren't expecting Theo to come back so soon.'

'No problem, miss Rose. What will be my schedule then?'

'You will arrive at 9 am and finish your work at 7. You will have a 2 hours break each day when you can rest. I don't think there will be much to do around the house. You are free on weekends and the payment will be the one you agreed upon with Selena. How does this sound?' I smile warmly at the woman sitting in front of me. She looks like a kind and gentle soul.

'It sounds perfect, miss Rose. When do I start?'

'Well, it is Friday now, so how about on Monday?'

'Monday it is. Thank you very much.' She says while getting up from the couch.

'Thank you too, Maria. See you on Monday.' I tell her while walking her to the door.

'I don't want her here!' Theo says to me as soon as she's gone.

'Why? Somebody needs to clean the house.' I telk him visibly annoyed.

'I thought you were gonna do that?' He raises his eyebrow while looking at me.

'You're kidding, right? I'll just ignore you. You should probably call Selena. She will want to know you are back.' I tell him while walking to my bedroom.

Theo

I take out my phone and call J.

'Theo, my man. You're back in town.'

'Yeah. Listen, J. I have a weird request for you. Can you put the blood bags inside juice cans or something?' I ask him concerned.

'What have you gotten yourself into, man?'

'Well, I have a house mate and a maid so don't ask. Can you do it or not?'

'I can make them look like they are medicine. Would that work for you?'

'That would be perfect.' I tell him satisfied. 'Thanks J. I owe you. 10 bags per week. Same price?'

'Same price for you. Take care, man.'

I hang up the phone and call my mom.

'Hi mom.'

'Theo? Is that you? Dorian, come quick. It's Theo.' She yells after my father with a shaky voice. She's crying.

'Yes, mom. It's me. I'm back in Valetta.'

'That means Rose...'

'Rose is here too. Why did you let here come here, mom?' I ask her annoyed.

'She's an adult now. She can do whatever she wants. We couldn't stop her.' She explains herself.

'You could have tried.'

'Oh! Stop with the complaining, Theo! We'll talk more about this tomorrow morning. Your father and I will fly to see you.' She says and I roll my eyes.

'Fine. See you then.'

As I end the call I see Rose walking by with a bottle of wine in one hand and  glass in the other. She pours herself a glass and puts it on the piano. She notices me looking at her.

'I'm sorry. Did you want some too?' She tells me while drinking the entire glass in one sip. 'Oops! I might need a bigger glass.' She says while running her hand through her long hair.

'No. You need to eat.' I walk towards the piano and take her bottle away.

'Fine by me. I've already finished one bottle upstairs.' She says while winking at me.

'That's it. You sit down at the table and eat.' I take her by the arm and drag her towards the table.

'Ouch! Let me go, you beast!' I yell at him.

'Not until after you eat, Dimples.' I let the words slip my mouth without thinking.

She looks at me with utter surprise on her face. She stares at me for a few seconds, eithout saying a word. Her expression is one of...affection? She lifts her hand and touches my cheek, standing on her toes and placing a soft kiss on the other one.

'I knew you were in there, Beast.' She smiles at me while looking deep into my eyes. I wrap my hand around her narrow waist and pull her closer to me, while my heart beats like a drum in my chest. I feel her body heat enveloping my body and her lovely scent. I've never noticed her scent before. She smells like milk and honey. Such a weird scent for a human.

She looks so beautiful, so pure, she's fucking mesmerizing. I lower my head towards her and see her lower lip shaking while her eyes roam all over my face. She looks like a deer caught in the headlights. Soon her entire body starts to shiver in my embrace while her pulse spikes up, bringing colour on her cheeks. I can't do this to her. I place a kiss in the corner of her lips and feel her melting in my arms. She lets out a trembling breath and rests her shaky fingers on my chest.

This is wrong. I need to get laid. I need to chase away whatever this fucked up feeling is. I sit her down the chair focusing on anything else other than my need to run my fingers all over her body. What the fuck is wrong with me? It's Rose.

I turn around, take my jacket and leave the house in search of my next pray.