Chapter 14

Rose

'He's an asshole!' I say while closing the door of my bedroom behind me.

'He wants to play, fine. We can play! I will give you hell, Theo!'

I remember his eyes roaming my body and I suddenly feel warm all over. However, I decide that two can play such a game. I put on a push-up bra, a really tight top and a pair of hotpants and go downstairs. Selena and Dorian have arrived and are talking to Theo that chokes on his words when he sees me.

'Selena, Dorian. Welcome. You chose a really hot day to come visit.' I emphasize the word hot while saying it. I keep my eyes away from Theo, even though I can feel his gaze burning my skin.

'Rosie, we were just telling Theo that it would be great for us to go have dinner together tonight.' Selena says drilly.

'That's a lovely idea, Selena. In fact, I think I'll go upstairs to search for a lovely dress to wear tonight.'

I spend the entire day eating strawberries and pizza in my room. I don't feel like joining their conversation so I focus on finding the perfect dress to drive Theo crazy.

Am I crazy? Maybe. But I'll be damned if I let him make me feel like this morning again. I won't ever let myself feel that horrible feeling that crawled in my soul last night. Somehow, I feel very possessive over him. I want all his attention to be mine. I deserve it as well after he abandoned me.

I choose a really tight dress that hugs my body very well and shows my long toned legs. The dress is extremely short for my taste but if I'm going to do this, I must play all cards right. I let my hair loose on my back, put on some make-up and complete my look with an incredibly high pair of shoes accompanied by a small clutch.

I might be a little overdressed, but who cares?

As I walk down the stairs I see Theo dressed in a black shirt and some fine cut black pants. He's even wearing shoes. I guess I'm not overdressed after all.

I reach his side and I can see his pupils dilating while he studies me really carefully. My cheeks flush and my hearts starts racing in my chest. I think that Theo notices my reaction because he gives me a dashing smile. My heart nearly explodes in my chest but I struggle to keep my poker face on. Game on, Theo! I think to myself and put on a confident smile.

'Do you want me to do a pirouette so you can see all of me?' I tease him while he swallows the lump in his throat. I decide to push it a bit further.

'You have something in the corner of your mouth.' I tell him while erasing that invisible something with my thumb. He lets me play my game but he has a wicked look on his face, lifting his eyebrow and licking his lips. I have an impression that I will pay dearly for these games at some point in the future, but I don't care about that right now. I feel empowered, like a goddess.

Selena and Dorian interrupt my game by arriving in the living room. Selena is wearing a long silky dress that hangs on her body in a very sexy way while Dorian is looking very sharp in his dark blue suit with his white shirt underneath and no tie.

'Sweetheart! Look at you. You are one gorgeous woman.' Selena admires me.

'Thank you, Selena. You look like a goddess.' I tell her making her and Dorian share a giggle. They look adorable together. They are perfect for each other. He has a dark side that lights up every time she walks inside the room. Their love radiates like the sun. Even a blind man would know they love each other like crazy.

I let out a deep sigh and turn towards Theo that offers me his arm.

'Shall we?' He asks me while a smirk appears on his lips.

'Let's go.' I give him my best seductive smile while taking his arm. Damn! I wished I payed more attention to the whole teasing thing in highschool. I was too busy burried inside my books and I forgot how to teenage. I mentally slap myself on the forehead while Theo continues walking towards the car with me at his arm.

As we pull over in front of Barracuda Restaurant I can't help but mentally praise myself for dressing up. I have to remind Selena to tell me where we go the next time.

Theo grabs his suit coat and puts it on, completing his sinfully perfect look. His hair is tied up and his beard is recently cut but still there. I find my stomach twisting in knots as I study him from head to toes. Why am I checking him out? He is my legal guardian, not to mention far older than I am. I must have gone crazy. I mentally scold myself for acting the way I do around him. But he's checking me out as well. And he doesn't even bother to try it.

He offers me his arms again without saying a word and I take it while looking at him with big puppy eyes. I'm completely under his spell. My game seems to backfire, so far.

'Reservation for four, Black?' Theo says and the man immediately takes us to our table with a wonderful view over the sea.

As we all take our seat at the table, the atmosphere becomes more relaxed. We order our food and everybody eats and laughs at silly jokes. This is amazing. This is the closest I'll ever be to having a family dinner. My smile turns a little sad as I lower my head to hide my feelings.

Theo notices my reaction and stops eating, just looking at me. Selena also sees me.

'Sweetheart, what's wrong?' She asks me with her kind voice.

'Nothing, Selena. I was just thinking about things.' I tell her while trying to contain my feelings.

'What are you thinking of, sweetheart?' She keeps pushing me for an answer.

'I was thinking how lovely our dinner is and how special this entire night feels.' I try to get her off my back.

I couldn't just tell her that her Theo makes me hot and bothered and that I can't keep my eyes off him, could I?

'Are you sure it's only this?'

'Mom, let her be, will you?' Theo snaps at her.

My eyes widden when I realize he called Selena 'mom'. Of course, why didn't I see it before? He doesn't age so why would his parents do so?

Everybody is quiet around the table. Selena is throwing arrows with her eyes while looking at Theo.

'There's no need for that, Selena. He called you mom, which you are. I am not new to this not aging story.'

'So you know what we are?' Selena covers her mouth.

'That's enough, mother.' Theo snaps again.

'Theo, watch your tone.' Dorian glares at him.

'What else is there for me to know?' I ask while looking around the table. Everybody is staring at their food. They are definitely hiding more stuff from me but I decide it doesn't quite matter. I'll just find out by myself.

'What about you, Rose? What secrets do you hide?' Theo asks while looking straight into my eyes. My heart skips a beat thinking about my past, about who I am. After spending all these years with them, I realize they don't know anything about my past. Theo never asked why I didn't find this whole story about not ageing being weird. I'd like to keep it that way. They will notice at some point that I don't age either, but I will deal with that problem when we get there.

'There are no skeletons in the closet, Theo. Sorry to disappoint you.' I wink at him and grab another bite of my food.

I will deal with all the secrets when we get home.

__________________________

What do you think about Rose and Theo so far? ❤ i would love to know your ideas and opinions on my characters. Xoxo