Chapter 25

Rose

The days turned into nights and the nights turned into days. Ever since I've learned all the secrets, everything is a mess... It's not quite fair to be hard on them since I don't even know exactly what I am. I know I heal extremely fast, I don't get the flu, I've never had measles or any childhood disease, but that's about it. I am surely no vampire but I don't think I am human either. Or maybe I am, but not entirely, that's sure. I've always felt different, ever since I can remember.

It's almost Christmas. Bella and Alex will visit with the twins. They should arrive any moment, now. After 4 wonderful children, Bella managed to give Alex the boys he had always dreamed of. Selena hopes they will stop having babies now that his dream came true.

Ivy and Cain have been staying here since that night, the night I ruined everything. They chained Theo to the floor while Ivy injects him daily with garlic serum and morphine. She's trying everything to help him overcome this episode.

'Selena, do you want to go downstairs? Ivy and Cain are taking out the decorations for the Christmas tree.' I ask her while standing in the doorway of his bedroom.

'You go, sweetheart. I'll stay here with him.' She answers while changing her position on the chair.

'Go, Selena. Relax a little, maybe get some sleep. You've been here all night. I'll watch him.' I smile at her warmly.

'Ok. I'll go make sure everything is ready for tomorrow.' She says while sadness falls over her beautiful face.

'Do you think he'll wake up earlier this time?' I ask her.

'I don't think so, sweetheart. I wouldn't put my hopes up.' She says while walking out the room.

Theo starts groaning and yanking his chains, while his entire body contorts painfully. His eyebrows are brought together while his mouth is softly parted.

'Hey there, Beast.' I tell him, while taking his hand. He groans even louder when I touch him but I don't stop.

'You need to wake up, Theo. You need to come back to us.' He yanks his foot that is chained to the floor, causing a haunting screeching.

I hate that sound. It makes my skin stand on my back. I try to focus on my sanity and continue speaking to him.

'Do you want to hear a story?' I tell him while I climb on the bed and lift his head up to place it on my lap. I know Ivy said not to do so because he could harm me quite easily, but it calms him down.

'I'll tell you the bedtime story my uncle Rafe used to tell me.' I dry his forehead with a clean towel and stroke his hair.

'Once upon a time, in Romania, there lived this wonderful forest creatures. They were called Iele. These creatures were all females, extraordinary beautiful ones. They would come out of their hidding and dance around fresh water springs during the full moons, taking care nobody harms the forest. When they danced, it was enchanting to watch them and also very dangerous. The earth underneath their feet would burn and whoever layed their eyes on them would be damned to go madly with love and eventuality kill themselves.' I look at his relaxed face and continue my story.

'When the blood moon was shinning brightly in the sky, the Iele would go around the forest and make love to normal men in order to have babies.'

'My uncle Rafe used to tell me that's when my mom and dad met. He saw her in the forest and fell in love with her at first sight. My mom was my age when she met him and fell in love with him also. They made love under the moonlight and that's how I was born 9 months later.' I feel a sad smile curl on my lips, while a tear escapes my eye. 

'That's a wonderful story.' Ivy says while standing in the doorway.

'It's just a silly story my uncle used to tell me when I was little.' I smile at her while whipping my tears away.

'Have you ever thought about the fact that it may not be just a story?' Ivy asks while raising her eyebrow.

'No. Not really.' I look at her confused.

Ivy doesn't push further on the story issue but focuses her attention on Theo.

'He looks peacefull. I think your voice calms him down. I honestly don't know what you do to him.' She looks at me smiling.

'I don't know. I...' I try to speak but my words fail me again. It tends to happen quite often lately.

'Come on, sweetie. Bella and Alex are here.' She tells me and we both walk towards the living room.

Alex is helping Selena and Bella with the decorations while both Cain and Dorian are cradling the boys.

'Roza!' Bella comes towards me and gives me a tight hug.

'Hey, Belle.' I call her on the nickname I gave to her when I first met her. I remember seeing here and thinking about how she looks like a princess and since I called her brother Beast, I started calling her Belle. She loved it and it stuck over the years.

'How's my baby brother?' She asks while looking at me and Ivy.

'He's fine. You and Alex can go see him now that Rose's managed to calm him down.' Ivy says making all eyes turn towards me.

A strange silence falls upon the room, making me feel uncomfortable. I don't know what they expect me to do. By now, everybody knows I love Theo, that I have always been madly in love with him. It makes everything feel awkward , but right now, I can't stand being in the house anymore.

'I think I'll go buy some last minute Christmas gifts.' I tell them all and go to the garage.

I get into the car and let my feelings overwhelm me. I cry for what seems to be hours, wishing that he would just wake up and even kick me out of the house. I just want to see his blue eyes again, hear his voice, feel his touch. I feel so lost without him.

I start the engine and drive to the mall. I want to buy some gifts for my family. No natter how hard things are right now, THEY are my family...