Chapter 31

Theo

Six months and not a single fucking phone call, six months without hearing her voice. And the most fucked up part is I don't even care about anything, about her leaving, about whatever she did these past six months, I just want her to return. I want her to come back to me and I want her to be mine for eternity. I love this woman more than I could ever imagine.

I leave my painting studio and go downstairs. I sit down in front of the piano. It's been decades since I last played but I miss her too much. I feel like my heart is burning inside my chest each day and I can't do anything to stop it. My painted fingers gently touch the keys as I start playing Chopin- Nocturne, opus 9.

My thoughts wonder to the night I returned home and found her at the piano, playing her favorite song. It's been almost a year since she came back to me only to leave me alone. I guess I deserve this. I too left her for 4 years. As my fingers play the last notes, I feel myself diving even deeper into my guilt and sorrow.

'I didn't know you could play.' A melodic voice fills my ears and I jump from the chair.

'Rose?...' I run towards the door and swipe her off the ground, holding her tight against my chest.

'Forgive me.' She whispers against my neck while my hands hold her tight.

I pull her away and look at her face. She looks so pale, much more skinny yet so beautiful. Her dark eyes look at at me with unshed tears glistening inside. I take her hand and guide her towards the couch. We both sit down facing each other.

'Did you find all the answers you were looking for?' I ask her while confusion clouds my mind and reality settles in. Did she come back to stay? Did she finds somebody else?

'Yes, Theo. I found all the answers I needed.' She tries giving me a small smile but she fails.

'You must be exhausted. Why don't you go rest and you can tell me everything tomorrow?' I ask her afraid of what she could tell me.

'Ok.' She lowers her head and walks towards the stairs.

I go to the kitchen to dry a bag of blood but end up smoking half of my cigarettes pack and drinking half a bottle of whiskey. I am a walking mess. My feelings are all over the place. After about an hour later, I decide it's time to drink some blood and call it a night. I slowly walk towards my bedroom while my head is spinning with emotions and unanswered questions.

'What are you doing here, Rose?' I ask her while she hides under my covers.

'You said I should rest.' She answers with a shaky voice.

'I meant...' I try to speak but she stops me.

'Please... don't make me spend another night away from you...' her voice is so small and her plea feels like a balm for the pain in my soul. She managed to mend me with a single phrase.

I get under the covers and pull her in my arms. I place a kiss on the top of her head and hold her untill she falls asleep.

Rose

I open my eyes and see his beautiful eyes looking at me. He looks so handsome with his blonde curls all messed up from his sleep.

'Good morning.' He tells me as he tries to keep himself calm.

'Good morning.' I tell him while giving him a small smile.

Silence falls upon us both as either one has the courage to open a conversation.

'So, how was your long trip to Romania?' He breaks the silence while getting out of the bed.

'Exhausting.' I answer him. I am afraid of asking him about the past six months. Did he sleep with other women?

'And? What else happened? Did you find your answers?' I can hear the drop of venom he pours into his words.

'Yes. I did.' I answer him short.

'And what else did you find, Rose?' He turns around and I can see anger slowly clouding his eyes.

'Nothing. As soon as I found my answers I ran back here.' I tell him slightly annoyed by his reactions.

'Why did you have to leave in the first place?' He raises his voice. 'Why didn't you listen to me? Why didn't you speak to my mother? Why the fuck did you not answer the damn phone for six months, Rose? We had to check your credit card balance every day to make sure you were alive!' At this point he's already yelling at me.

I jump out of bed as my mind is clouded by my own frustrations and fears.

'So many questions, Theo. What about  you? How many women have you fucked during these last six months?'

His eyes darken completely and I know he's losing control.

'I didn't even look at another, you silly woman. I told you I fuckin' love you!' His fangs come out as the veins from his temple pop to the surface. A wave of fear travels through my body when I see his face change but I force myself to remember that this is the man I love.

'Theo... listen to my voice. Calm down. I love you too. Please...' I walk towards him and raise my hand to touch him but he steps back from me.

'I love you, Theo. Forgive me for leaving.' I tell him while finally touching his face. His eyes return to their usual colour as he pulls me into a deep longing kiss.

His kiss is desperate and hungry, making my knees weak and my heart melt in his arms. His fingers trace the contours of my back as his naked torso is pressed against my body.

'It is I who should ask for your forgiveness. I have caused you nothing but pain yet you chose to come back to me.' He whispers against my lips while his hands rest on the sides of my head.

'Just tell me you love me.' I close my eyes waiting to hear those sweet words rolling from his tongue.

'I adore you, my love. I love you more than life itself.'