Chapter 42

Rose

I close the door to my bedroom and lock it. Eva is with Selena. She takes her to Ella's room and reads them stories every day. Even though Eva can't understand them, she loves listening to people's voices.

My body is shaking. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to see how I will react to such an intimate gesture. I wanted to know if I would feel anger, pain, the need to drive a stake through his heart...

What I felt was panic at first, confusion, but then my body remembered his taste, the feeling of his skin against mine. My soul remembered how much I love him so I freaked out and ran away from his room.

How am I supposed to face him again? He did say he loves me, but I am still angry with him. I am still hurt from having had to face all the things I've went through by myself.

Selena knocks at my door and I can hear Eva's giggles as I open it.

'Sweetheart, why was your door locked?' She asks me while putting Eva in her crib.

'I don't know... it just came to me.' I try to seem unaffected by the fact that I just kissed her son and my heart beats a milion times per minute.

'Rosie, you know you can't lie to me.' She tells me while tilting her head.

'Why would I lie to you?' I try to get the conversation to a different area.

'Don't try to fool me, young lady. You are flushed and anxiety is written all over your face. So why don't we sit down and you can tell me what happened to you?' She says while taking my hand and sitting on the bed.

'We kissed...' I tell her almost whispering, not looking at her. 'Actually, I kissed him.' I raise my eyes and look at her this time. Her face is sweet and calming as usual. She looks at me with understanding and love in her eyes.

'And how do you feel about that?'

'I am scared.' I tell her.

'Why are you scared, sweetheart?' She frowns in confusion.

'I am scared because I don't feel anger towards his anymore. When I kissed him, my heart...' I stop talking, holding back my tears.

Selena pulls me into a hug, stroking my hair.

'Your heart remembers him.' She says.

'Yes.' I whisper while my tears run down my cheeks again.

'You love him, sweetheart. Love is not a feeling that goes away just like that and you don't even want it gone. You're scared he will hurt you again and that is understandable. I feel he has changed. I know my son. He's different.' She pulls out of the hug and looks at me.

'I don't see darkness in his eyes anymore, my sweet girl. I see only love and fear.' She says to me.

'Fear?' I ask her confused.

'Yes. Fear. He fears you will leave him as you said. He is terrified of the thought of losing you and his daughter. You two are his world now.' She explains to me.

'How do I know it's going to work out?'

'Rose... you are forgetting the wonderful years you spent together before he turned you... you were in perfect sync with each other, like two jigsaw pieces.' She smiles warmly at me and stands up. Before she exits the room she turns around.

'Just take a few days to think about it. Maybe call your friend.'

'I will. Thank you, Selena.' I tell her and she walks out the door.

Theo

She kissed me... Damn me. How I missed her lips. My body is yearning for her touch. I may be a man, but I'm a fool for her.

As I lay there, on the bed, listening to my erratic heartbeat, I can't help but wonder what will she say if I went there and made love to her this instant. I need to see her and luckily for me, it's about time to feed Eva. I go to the kitchen and struggle to prepare the formula but I don't actually know how. My mom walks in at just the right moment.

'What are you doing with that bottle, Theo?'

'I'm trying to prepare Eva's milk.' I look at her ashamed.

'And you have no idea how to do it.' She softly laughs at me. I always forget how gracious my mother is. She wears her years with such dignity and strength yet she manages to be feminine and delicate at the same time.

She finishes preparing the bottle and handles it to me.

'Be carefull, Theo. I'm afraid this is your last chance. Don't mess it up again. You can only break her hurt so many times before she will close it off and leave you forever.' She tells me with a sad smile on her face.

I take the bottle and leave the kitchen without saying another word. My heart is beating so fast. I've never been so nervous in my life. I can't fuck this up. I can't be such an idiot.

I reach the door handle and turn it. The door opens and I see her sitting on the bed, holding Eva in her arms. She looks like she was born to be a mother. The picture of her holding our daughter is just perfection.

'I have never thanked you for giving me a daughter.' I tell her.

She raises her head, looking at me with confusion written all over her face.

'It is I who should thank you.' She says while lowering her head and kissing Eva's cheek. She giggles and tosses her legs.

'I am grateful for having been able to create her with you.' I walk towards the bed and hand her the bottle. I sit next to her as she feeds Eva the bottle.

'I love you, Rose. Please don't run away from me. I will wait for you as much as you need. Just don't leave me.'

She doesn't say a word. She continues feeding our daughter while I get up from the bed and exit her room.

__________________________

This book is slowly going towards the end. It feels so sad, for it was my favorite to write ❤ i would love to know your ideas and opinions on the characters. Xoxo