Chapter 76

The four met up together at the clocktower courtyard. They looked over at the view.

"What did Draco say?" Harry said.

Maurelle took out the Elder Wand and showed it to them. They were all surprised that she came back with it.

"Wow, I guess he has changed." Ron said.

"It's not that he's changed, but just out of his father's watch. You'll start to see what I see in him." Maurelle said.

"Did he want you to keep it?" Harry said.

"No, he wanted the wand returned back to Dumbledore, where it should be." Maurelle said.

"I agree." Hermione said.

"So what are we going to do now?" Ron said.

"Seeing how the war has devastated countless of people, I believe they are going to have a break period to get everything back in its works, especially the Ministry." Hermione said.

"Speaking of the Ministry, Kingsley came up to Neville and me, he wanted us to work for the Ministry as Aurors. You too, Ron." Harry said.

"But what about graduation?! Exams?! It's a requirement." Hermione said.

"Screw that, I'm taking that offer." Ron said.

"I think beating Voldemort, destroying Horcruxes, and battling an army of dark creatures is enough." Maurelle chuckled.

"Don't tell me you are coming back to finish?" Ron said.

"Ron...this is Hermione we are talking about. Wouldn't be unusual if she didn't?" Harry said.

"You're right." Ron said.

"And what about you, Maurelle?" Hermione said.

"I accepted the offer, but I'd like to finish up at Hogwarts. I didn't waste six years of my life to not finish." Maurelle said.

"Technically, five." Ron said.

"Thanks, smartass. Five" Maurelle laughed.

"Good, it'd be nice to have you as a study buddy again." Hermione said.

"So you are doing both? Hogwarts and Ministry?" Harry said.

"Yeah, I plan to help them out, especially the aftermath. It is still partially my fault." Maurelle said.

"Maurelle, I thought I told you to stop beating yourself up." Hermione said.

"I mean I created the dark creatures everyone fought, so it really is." Maurelle said.

"Oh ok, nevermind then." Hermione said.

"And murdered a handful of people, but who's to say it could've been my father." Maurelle shrugged it off, but her friends were wide-eyed.

"Maurelle?!" they said.

"They are fine, it wasn't painful." Maurelle said.

"Are you sure you aren't Voldemort?" Ron said.

"Have I killed you guys yet?" Maurelle said.

"Not now." Harry joked.

"Then I would've done it minutes ago." Maurelle said.

"Maybe you'll do it in our sleep." Ron said.

"Okay, that's enough guys. Let's go." Hermione said, pushing them to walk forward.

The four met up with everyone else and helped rebuild the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~