Chapter 36

"Maurelle! Maurelle!" a few familiar voices called out.

"Hey! What's up?" Maurelle noticed it was the trio.

"I know who opened the chamber of secrets fifty years ago" Harry said

"Who?" she said, a bit worried of what she might hear.

"Hagrid." he said.

She was relieved it wasn't anything related to her, but skeptical at the thought of Hagrid.

"Hagrid?" she questioned, "Why would he open the Chamber of Secrets? Wasn't he in Gryffindor?"

"Tom Riddle showed me in this diary I found in the bathroom." Harry said.

"Tom Riddle?" Maurelle wanted to confirm if they were talking about her father.

"He showed me a memory in this diary, he was a Slytherin student." Harry began describing details of this man and Maurelle knew it was who she thought it was.

"But you don't know him, how can you trust his word if he only showed a snippet of that memory." Maurelle told him.

"That's what I said." Ron added.

"Look. Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him aboutit?" Hermione said.

"That'll be a cheerful visit! "Hello, Hagrid! Tell us, have you been settling anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?" Ron said.

" Mad and hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me now, would ya?" Hagrid stood behind the trio, causing them to jump, while Maurelle giggled.

"No!" The three said.

"What's that you've got?" Maurelle pointed out.

"Oh, It's a- Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, ya know.Now, accordin' to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit o' growing up todo. But, once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew'em, and then we'll get those people down at the hospital un-Petrified." Hagrid said.

"Acne? That's pretty weird, but hey what do I know." Maurelle laughed.

"In the meantime, though, you four had best be lookin' after yourselves. Allright? Hmm." he said before he left, "Hello, Neville!"

Neville came running to the group, "Harry- I don't know who did it, but you'd better come!" Neville said, but left them very confused, "Come on! I'm sorry Maurelle, but something has happened in the Gryffindor Common Room, unfortunately you can't come."

"No worries." Maurelle said.

"We'll let you know if we find anything else." Harry said before they left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week later, Maurelle decided to do some digging into this Chamber of Secrets. One night, she snuck out of the dormitory and made her way towards the library. It was quite dark and had to manage her way without a light to avoid any unnecessary attention. While she was going through the aisles,she was thinking to herself,"If I was my mother or grandfather, where is this chamber and what would I keep in it. I am a Slytherin....I am a Slytherin...I am a....Slyther- " she kept repeating which then led her ideas, "Snakes! Of course, but they aren't huge. I would want to keep a monster. What's like a snake, but bigger? That's it! A basilisks!"

She made her way towards the section about creatures and found the book, but felt a hand reaching for it.

"Maurelle!" A whisper was heard.

Maurelle tried to adjust her eyes to see who it was.

"Hermione?" Maurelle said back.

"I figured it out, a Basilisk! The chamber of Secrets is hiding in pipes." Hermione said quietly.