Chapter 20

"Ahh I see. Loyalty and wit. But that will get you nothing. You have so much to learn about this wretched world. Your mother was a strong witch, and I know all her tricks. Wouldn't you care to know what they are? To learn so much power? And your... father. Wouldn't you want to know where he is, where he has been all these years? Come and join me, my sweet Maurelle. You deserve better." Voldemort said.

"My mother's legacy has lived on, I'm sure I'll learn her ways sooner or later. And why would I want to know where my father is? He was never there for me. He probably never knew I existed. So why should I bother?" Maurelle said straight to her own father's face.

Voldemort was silent. He felt the pain he had caused her, and seeing her reminded him of Iris.

"Let me tell you this... there is no good or evil. There is only power and those too weak to seek it. We can do extraordinary things. Just give me the stone!" Voldemort said.

"You liar!" Harry shouted.

"Kill him!" Voldemort said.

"Nooo!!" Maurelle shouted.

Quirrell flew towards Harry and pinned him down, choking him to death. Harry grabbed Quirrell's hand, pulling it away from him. All of a sudden where Harry touched him, his hand turned to ashes.

"What kind of magic is this?!" Quirrell said.

"It doesn't matter, get me that stone!" Voldemort ordered.

Maurelle grabbed the stone and placed it in her pocket. Harry took both of his hands and placed it on Quirrell's face, making him deteriorate into ashes.

The two walked over to each other and Maurelle took out the stone.

"You think this made you do... that?" Maurelle said to Harry.

"It has to be. It was the only thing was holding at the time."

Maurelle chuckled, but saw a grey shadow behind Harry. It was Voldemort.

"Watch out!" Maurelle said as she grabbed Harry and push him off the side, making Voldemort's shadow move through her.

"Maurelle!" Harry yelled as went to her aid.

"Nooo!" Voldemort shouted, as he accidentally went through Maurelle. He turned around and came back to Harry, "You!" he said.

He made his way through him, knocking him unconscious as well.

"I'm sorry, Maurelle. I will come back for you!" Voldemort said as he flew into the flames.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry woke up and quickly grabbed his glasses. He sees Maurelle still sleeping.

"Maurelle, wake up!" He whispered.

Maurelle slowly opened her eyes and quickly got up to check her surroundings. She realized they were in the hospital wing, safe an sound. She smiled and looked at Harry. They were both happy this was over, and have seen the gifts around them from their friends.

"Good afternoon, Harry, Maurelle." Dumbledore said, as he approached to their beds, "Tokens, from your admirers."

"Admirers?" Harry said.

"What happened in the dungeon between you two and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So, naturally, the whole school knows." Dumbledore said making Maurelle laugh, "And I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs."

"Ron was here? Is he alright?" Harry said.

"And what about Hermione?" Maurelle asked.

"Fine. They're both just fine." Dumbledore assured them

"An what about the stone?" Harry asked.

"Relax, Harry." Maurelle chuckled.

"But I want to know!" Harry said.

"Relax, dear boy. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around." Dumbledore said.

"But then, Flamel...he'll die, won't he?" Maurelle asked.

Dumbledore sat on Maurelle's bed, "He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die."

How is it I got the stone, sir? One minute, I was staring in the mirror and--" Harry was cut off by Dumbledore.

"You see, only a person who wanted to find the stone, find it, but not use it, will e able to get it." He then leaned in closer and whispered, " That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me, that is saying something."

"Does that mean, with the stone gone, that Voldemort can never come back?" Harry asked.

Dumbledore looked at Maurelle. She gave him a rather disappointed look, saying that it was not over with him, then he looked back at Harry.

"I'm afraid, there are much ways in which he can return." Dumbledore said.

"Remember when he said he was living off another, and that shadow that came off his body, he'll do it again until he finds something better." Maurelle said to Harry.

"Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him? It was because of your mother, she sacrificed herself for you. And that kind of act leaves a mark." Dumbledore said.

Harry touched his scar.

"No, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin." Dumbledore said.

"What is it?" Harry said

"Love, Harry. Love." He said. He then patted their heads and got up.

"Ahh, Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one. And since then, I have lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee. " He popped one in his mouth, "Hmm, alas, Earwax."

Maurelle just shook her head down containing her laugh.

"Maurelle, if you don't mind, would you care to join me for a walk outside?" Dumbledore said.

"No, of course. I'd like that."

They walked side by side out of the hospital wing.

"I've met Augustana recently in the Ministry. And it seems you already know about your father." Dumbledore said.

"Yes, however, I didn't tell him that night that I knew about him." Maurelle said.

"I see." He said.

"He kept insisting us to join him, especially me.   He said he could teach my mother' s power to me, but I doubt that. " She said

"Well, that's true, your mother was quite extraordinary, but so is your father. He is powerful in his own way. Your parents never figured out their true power until they learned how to control it, to use it wisely. They had so much power, even they can't contain it when they were young. But you...You may hold a great deal of magic in you, but you don't know how to release it. In time, you'll find out what your true power is. Don't doubt nor compare yourself to your parents. We are all unique in our own way. Who knows how much magic you have in you." Dumbledore said.

Maurelle nodded her head and felt reassured by his words.

"Where are we going, Dumbledore?" Maurelle said.

"You will see." He said.

After a long walk through the hallways of the castle, there lies two huge doors. When they came near it, it opened by itself, the daylight shining through. Maurelle squinted her eyes when the light pierced in. Dumbledore guided her out and was greeted by beautiful blossoming cherry trees. They walked over the path that was ahead of them. When they reached the end, Maurelle couldn't believe what she saw. It was a huge statue with a plaque. 

Maurelle felt her tears and couldn't contain it. She cried looking at something so beautiful.