Chapter 41

After that class they were headed to Hagrid's.

"I think that was complete and utter rubbish. Successful in death my arse." Maurelle mocked.

"Wow, Freya, that's the first time I've heard you talk badly about a class. Besides, a woman's future is death for success, I dig that." Draco teased.

"Oh buzz off Malfoy" she gently pushed him as she laughed.

Pansy hurried to his aid, like the puppy dog she is and Draco was encouraging it. Maurelle rolled her eyes and walked behind them. They finally arrived to Hagrid's and joined the crowd in front of him.

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me. Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49." Hagrid said.

"Exactly how do we do that?" Draco said.

"Just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness me." Hagrid said.

Longbottom tried to open it, but was attacked instead

"Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom." a student said.

'I'm okay. Okay." Neville said, but was being attacked once more.

"I think they're funny." Hermione said.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until Father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Draco said.

"Shut up, Malfoy." Harry said walking towards Draco. This caused a scene and everyone circled around them.

"Dementor! Dementor!" Draco pranked Harry, which he fell for.

"Just ignore him." Maurelle walked over to Harry, comforting him and rubbing his back, while smirking back at Draco.

Jealous at what he saw he continuous this fight, "Of course, baby Potter has to be comforted, before he faints again. Would you like a warm glass of milk, maybe cookies with that as well?"

"That's it." Harry turned around.

Maurelle quickly jumped in front of Harry, "I'll handle this." she walked over to Draco, "Would your father also like to hear how terrified you were in the train when the dementors were there, and how you hid behind two girls?"

Draco's smirk turned to an embarrassed little boy since the whole class was laughing at him.

Maurelle joined with Harry and the others.

"Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak." Hagrid said

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" Ron said.

"That, Ron, is a hippogriff. First thing you wanna know is they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may be the last thing you ever do. Now, who'd like to come and say hello?" Hagrid said.

Everyone backed up, leaving Maurelle and Harry at the front. Maurelle looked around and saw the rest chicken out.

"Ugh, let's go." Maurelle grabbed Harry's hand and moved forward.

"Well done, Harry. Well done, Maurelle. Come on now. Now... you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite. So... step up. Give him a nice bow." Hagrid said.

Maurelle and Harry bowed down slowly.

"Then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him. If not... Well, we'll get to that later. Just make your bow. Nice and low." Hagrid continued.