Chapter 33

Lockhart decided to host an introduction to his Dueling Club, and students from every house gathered around. They were in their groups, chatting about what they look forward to.

Maurelle arrived with Draco and his goons. Whispers were heard around them.

"Why is Maurelle with Malfoy?"
"Is she not friends with Harry anymore?"
"Are they together?"

Maurelle overheard that last comment, and started to laugh silently to herself.

"What are you grinning about?" Draco asked.

"Nothing you need to worry about." she said.

"Anyways, this Dueling Club better be worth it. And I hope to fight Potter over there, make sure he gets what he deserves after what happened at our Quidditch match." he said.

Maurelle rolled her eyes at Draco. She looked over and saw the golden trio. They greeted her with a smile and wave. She made her way over to them.

"Hey guys, I haven't seen you in a while." she said as she hugged them. "I see that your arm is back to normal, Harry" she rubbed his arm.

"Yeah it has." he smiled.

"I'm sorry I haven't been with you guys as much. It can get pretty tiring running back and forth from the dungeon to the stairs, without getting caught." she said.

"Don't worry about it, Maurelle. I know it can be hard especially because you're in Slytherin and we're in Gryffindors. Not that house matters, but to some people..." Harry quickly glanced over to Draco, "it does."

"I know, sadly. But in other news, did I miss anything?" she asked.

"We are trying to figure out who the heir of Slytherin was after what happened that one night." Ron said.

"We believe that since Malfoy has a clear hatred for muggle borns, that he may be behind this." Hermione added.

"Malfoy? Really?" Maurelle laughed.

"What?" Hermione said.

"As far as I can tell, he isn't that smart to pull something elaborate as this. But then again I don't know him all that well." she said.

"Well we have a plan that might give us these answers, but we may need your help." Hermione asked.

"Well what is this plan?" Maurelle said.

Hermione moved in closer and whispered, "We are going to create a poly juice potion that will turn these two into Crab and Doyle. After the transformation, you can lead them to Malfoy. However, in order to do that, you need to grab a piece of their hair."

"Wow, okay I think I can manage to do that for you." Maurelle said.

"You're the best Maurelle!" Ron said.

"Freya." Draco called from the other side.

"I have to go, I'll get them to you in no time." Maurelle said.

"Gather around" Lockhart said as he walked on the platform.

Students slowly came together, surrounding the platform.

"Gather 'round! Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent! In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions- for full details, see my published works."

Maurelle rolled her eyes and scoffed at his shameless plug.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." Lockhart continued.