Chapter 64

Maurelle's torture lasted for weeks. With little food and water given. It's a miracle that she was still breathing with the amount of blood loss. Voldemort hasn't visited her since the first day, 'Coward.' She thought to herself. She felt the effects of dehydration, fatigue-ness and her shallow breathing from the loss of blood. She could barely keep her eyes open. She started to lose hope, she tried calling Percival multiple times throughout, but he couldn't get through. He was able to use legimilency to contact her every now and then, and told her that something is blocking him. She knew that it was Voldemort's doing, and that the only way Percival could bypass the barrier, is if Maurelle uses her magic energy. However, at this point, that's out of the question.

"I must say. I'm quite impressed you've lasted this long. I guess you aren't the useless daughter of Iris. Yet you bleed like a helpless filthy mudblood, probably from your father." Bellatrix said.

Maurelle was confused that Bellatrix didn't know who her father was. She came to realize that her father was not so public with this information.

Bellatrix continued, "Since you won't give in anytime soon, I'll come back in a week, or maybe until I feel like it. As much as I enjoy this I've got better things to do. You need to rest up anyway before we begin again. I can't have you die on me, the Dark Lord wouldn't be pleased with that." She slowly walked up to her and squatted as she looked at Maurelle's bloody face, "I don't know what's so special about you anyway." She then stood back up, "You can survive more than a week with no food, but here's your water." Bellatrix kicked her a bucket filled with water. She walked over to the door and opened it, before she left she said,"Sweet dreams, little Maurelle." she laughed menacingly as she closed the door. Her cackles echoed as she walked away.

As Maurelle begins to shut her eyes, she started to see a mirage of some sort at the corner of the room. She began to blink, to adjust her eyes but her vision was a bit blurry. This figure came closer to her. Maurelle was too weak to react and gave up on doing any sort of movement. She sat on that strapped chair, helpless.

"Maurelle." a woman's voice said.

Maurelle recognized this voice from her dreams, all those night terrors . She realized, this voice belonged to her mother's.

"Mu-mu" Maurelle muttered, but was two weak to move her lips.

"Shshsh, don't speak, my child. Oooh, look at you, I'm so sorry, my dear. I can't believe he has done this to you. His own child." Iris said.

"N-n-no...h-his f-foll..ower...L-llest-trange." Maurelle said.

"Ahhh, he's still alive?! Thought he'd be dead by now." Iris said.

"S-shheee" Maurelle said.

"Ooh, okay that makes sense." Iris said.

"A-arre y-you reaal. Y-y-you'ree a-a-ali-vve?" Maurelle said.

"Only if you believe me to be." Iris said.

Maurelle can see from the corner of her eye, Iris's hand gently caressing her head and tucking her hair.

"I-ii'm s-scared, m-mum" Maurelle started to cry, but even crying was too painful.

"I know sweetheart. You've put on a brave front for so long. It is okay to be scared." Iris took Maurelle's head and hugged her.

Maurelle could feel this embrace, or at least that's what her mind is telling her.

"I-t-it h-hurts." Maurelle said.

"I understand, Maurelle. But you need to fight through this. Don't you have, Percival?" Iris said.

"I-I don'tt h-have e-e-enough m-magic i-in m-me." Maurelle said.