Chapter 67

"Miss Adams! Miss Adams!" Slughorn called out to Maurelle.

Maurelle stopped to turn around,"Professor Slughorn, how can I help you?"

"Well, first of all, welcome to Hogwarts! I want to know if you'd join my Slug Club's supper? You are one of my most promising students and I would love to have you. I choose my most bright and talented witches and wizards. We have a meeting tonight in my office, if you care to join us?"he said.

"I'll see if I can make it, Professor." Maurelle said.

"Great! Well, I'll leave you to it then." Slughorn said as he left.

Maurelle made her way to Dumbledore's office.

"You summoned me?" Maurelle said.

"Yes, I have something important to tell you. Before you were born, your mother wanted me to give you this vial of her memories and this letter." He each gave them to her," She said to give it to you in a time of need. Now, I don't think that you would need these items right now. But I thought it be best if I handed them to you personally before anything else happens to me. I suggest you keep them safely in your possession."

"Thank you, Dumbledore. But how will I know when the time is right?" Maurelle placed them in her robes.

"It'll come to you, my child." he said.

She then took notice of Dumbledore's hand,"How's your hand doing?"

"It's recovering, but as long as the ring was taken care of, that's all that matters to me." he said.

"You should've let me destroy it." she said.

"No, that wouldn't do any good. If your father knew, you were destroying his Horcruxes, how can he trust you?" he said.

"Any sign of the others? " she said.

"No, not quite. I've been digging up some of my memories of him in order to grab clues. I even had Harry come over to see if he can find something out from Professor Slughorn." he said.

"Would you like me to find out for myself?" she said.

"If you would, that'd be helpful. Just don't scare him." he said.

"Why would I?" She said.

"I think it's best you find out for yourself." He said.

With a confused look on her face she exited out and was headed her way.

Meanwhile in Harry and Ron's dorm...

Harry and Ron lie awake in the darkened dormitory. Ron stares at the ceiling, while Harry eyes "Draco" on the Marauder's Map.

"What do you suppose Dean sees in her? Ginny." Ron said.

"What does she see in him?" Harry said.

"Dean? He's brilliant." Ron said.

"You called him a slick git not five hours ago." Harry said.

"Yeah, well, he was running his hands all over my sister, wasn't he?" Something snaps in him. "You've got to hate him. You know, on principle." Ron said.

"I suppose." Harry said.

"So what is it? He sees in her?" Ron said.

"I don't know. She's smart. Funny. Attractive.." Harry said.

"Attractive?" Ron said.

"Ahh well y-you know. She's... got nice skin." Harry said.

"Skin? You're saying Dean's dating my sister because of her skin?" Ron said.