Chapter 17

"Yes Ms.Freya. But most importantly, you are in very grave danger. More than Mr. Potter." the centaur said.

Maurelle knew what he meant, but Harry didn't, "What is he talking about, Maurelle?" Harry looked at her.

"I'm not sure, but I think he wants me because of my mother. I believe he thinks I possess my mother's powers." Maurelle played it off saying half of the truth and looked at the centaur, signaling not to tell Harry anything else.

The centaur understood her and said," Yes, which is why you need to be more cautious, even on school grounds. Same goes for you, Mr.Potter" He said.

"Harry! Maurelle!" Hermione's voice was emerging from the woods.

The two turned their heads to face their friends, and Draco was seen with them.

"Hello Firenze. See you've met our young Mr.Potter and Ms. Freya." He then turned his attention to the two, " You all right there, Harry? Maurelle?"

Harry and Maurelle both nodded their heads.

"Harry Potter, Maurelle Freya, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck." Firenze said. He walked away and disappeared into the dark forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Maurelle, and Draco departed their ways with Hagrid an headed towards the castle. 

"What happened over there?" Ron asked Harry and Maurelle.

Before Harry could say something, Maurelle spoke first.

"Harry will tell you about it when you three get back to your dormitory. But not out here." Maurelle told them.

They stopped at a particular area, with Harry, Hermione, and Ron heading towards the Gryffindor dorms, and Maurelle and Draco towards the Slytherin dorms.

"What went on there?" Draco asked Maurelle as they were walking together.

"I don't know. Maybe you shouldn't have ran away, screaming like a child." Maurelle said.

Draco scoffed at her comment.

"Oh please, I ran yelling for Hagrid to come save you two. You should be grateful."  he spat.

"Of course, with that kind of scream, we would have never made it out alive." she said.

"Why do you hangout with those three Gryffindors, especially that mudblood." he said.

"I would hang out with my fellow Slytherins, but they are all full of themselves." she said.

"What are you talking about? Ugh, wait till my father hears about this." he said.

"There it is! Point proven." she said.

The two were still bantering on the way to the dormitory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'd always heard that Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I'd found them rather enjoyable." Hermione said

"Speak for yourself." Ron said.

Maurelle laughed at the two, but she noticed Harry acting strange, "Are you alright there, Harry?"

"My scar. It keeps burning." Harry grunted.

"It's happened before." Hermione said.

"Not like this." Harry said.

"You should see the nurse." Ron said.

"I don't know about that Ron. After all these years, and his scar starts to hurt. It means something." Maurelle said.

"I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming." Harry said.

Harry stopped and looked over at Hagrid playing his flute.

"Of course." He muttered.

"What is it?" Hermione asked.

"Isn't it odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up and just happens to have one? I mean how many people around wander with dragon eggs in their pocket? Why didn't I see it before?" Harry panting as he was walking very fast.

They all ran up to Hagrid, and Harry demanded answers.

"Hagrid, who gave you the egg? What did he look like?" He said.

"I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up." Hagrid replied.

"This stranger though, you and this stranger must have talked." Harry said.

"Well, he wanted to know what kinds of creatures I look after. And I said 'After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem." Hagrid said.

"Was he interested in Fluffy?" Harry said.

"Well of course he was interested in Fluffy. How often do you come across a three headed dog? But I told him,'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy for example, play him music and he falls straight asleep." Hagrid said.

The students faces lit up and knew what was about to happen. Hagrid noticed their reaction, "I shouldn't have told you that. Where you going?"

They ran to their destination, determined to solve this mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They ran into a classroom where Professor McGonagall was busy working at her table. They approached her, catching her attention suddenly.

"We have to see Dumbledore, immediately!" Harry said.

"Well, I'm afraid he isn't here right now. He receive an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left." McGonagall said.

"He's gone! But this is important! This is about the Sorcerer's Stone." Harry said.

McGonagall was stunned to see four eleven year olds, knowing something powerful hidden underneath these school, "How do you know-" but she cut off by Harry.

"Someone's going to try an steal it." He said.

"I don't know how you know, but I assure you it is well protected. Now, would you go back to your dormitories, quietly." She said.

They left her classroom and walked back into the halls.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met. That was Snape. Which means he knows how to get past Fluffy." Harry said.

"If it was Snape, wouldn't you think Hagrid wouldn't have recognized his voice?" Maurelle said.

"But with Dumbledore gone-" Hermione was interrupted.

"Good afternoon." Snape looked at each of them, "Now, what would three young Gryffindors and one Slytherin, such as yourselves, would be doing inside on a day like this?"

"Ah- uh- We were just-" Hermione couldn't find the words, so Maurelle saved her.

"There isn't much to do when we have done what we can outside, besides, it has been a long day of exams so we'd rather not do much. Better to stay inside and relax." Maurelle said.

"You ought to be careful. People will think you're up to something." Snape said to all of them.

They watched as Snape disappeared into the halls.

"I'm surprised Hermione, I thought you could've came up with something better than that." Maurelle laughed.

"He can be quite intimidating." Hermione rolled her eyes." Now what do we do?"

"We go down to the trap door. Tonight." Harry said.

"What?! That's crazy!" Ron said

"Well, if that's what you wish. I'll see you guys tonight." Maurelle said as she walked away.