Chapter 28 (Part 2)

"Salazar Slytherin" Grindelwald said.

"If you'll excuse us, please. I believe we have some catching up to do." Salazar said.

"Of course, Salazar." Grindelwald then looked at Iris, "It was a pleasure to see you again" he smiled.

" Let us go somewhere quiet." Salazar said.

He led them out of the area and into a garden where it was quiet and peaceful.

"Hello, Iris" he said as he looked into her eyes, as she reminded him of her mother. He slightly smiled at the thought of that.

Iris was filled with many questions, but she couldn't get them out. If she could, she would feel angry, confuse, happy, and sad. But in a place that is neutral, she couldn't. Her feelings weren't blocked out, she just couldn't react it. Instead, she can only express them in a calmly manner.

Salazar began to talk, thinking she has nothing to say to him, "I've been waiting for the day I could finally see you again. I want you to now that I am truly sorry for leaving you on your own. I was worried about your safety, and at the time, stopping your aging was the right thing to do. I wouldn't want you to live in a world where people would think wrongly of you because of what I've done or who I am."

"Did you truly hate muggles and those who were muggle-born?" Iris asked.

"At one point in time, yes. And during that time, I made horrible decisions, as you may know. But as years past, I only found myself miserable. I was alone. My wife was taken away and my child lost in time."he said.

"I don't blame you for doing what you did. I understand what you had to do. I had to do the same thing for my child as well." She said.

"I know." He said.

Iris was confused, "You know? How?"

Salazar stood up, "Come, I want to show you something."

They walked further into the garden and came across on what looked to be a bird bath.

"The reason I know this is because I have been watching over you from the beginning

"The reason I know this is because I have been watching over you from the beginning. When I died, I've been waiting and checking up on you in the moral world. Then one day, this small pool finally changed, and I saw your face. A face that has stuck with me since the day I left you. The only memory I had of you was finally seen once again. I've watched you grow into a strong, independent, and intelligent witch. I am proud of you." He said.

"Proud? How can you be proud? You must've seen all of the horrible things I've done!" She said.

"No one is perfect. Remember that. You were young and you were taught to be indestructible. You had no idea of the moral consequences and the mental toll it would affect you.

Listen well, Iris, there are neither good or bad wizards in this world. There are times where we ourselves couldn't even trust those who deemed to know justice. So it is up to wizards like us, like you, like your daughter, to make a change in this world. To make people see what is truly wrong in this society." he said.

"You're right, I just hope Maurelle will be able to catch it on. I wonder how she is doing." she said.

"Let's take a look, shall we?" he said.

Salazar waved his hand over the pool and the water started moving. They see Maurelle at Hogwarts, taking an exam.

(The pool projects...)

"Look at these questions. They're all about him." Ron said.

"Hermione, let me copy yours." Maurelle said.

"Us too." Harry said.

"Ugh, you guys are so irritating." Hermione said.

"You have 30 minutes. Start, now!" Lockhart said.

"Ugh, I'd rather fail," Maurelle muttered.

A few moments passed and Lockhart collected the exams from the students. He then went back to his desk an quickly scanned over the tests.

"Tut.Tut.Tut. Hardly any one of you know my favorite color is lilac. But, Miss Hermione Granger knew my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair care products, good girl." he looked at Hermione.

"Oh my! How is he qualified to teach at Hogwarts?!" Iris said.

With that being said, the hourglass next to Lockhart shattered into pieces, making everyone uck down and scream.

"That was unusual." Lockhart said.

Salazar quickly waved his hand over the pool and the projection of the mortal world disappears.

"How did you do that?!" Salazar asked.

"I-I don't know. I was just very annoyed." Iris said.

"This is remarkable! Not many have been able to do that. You wouldn't believe how many times I have been trying to contact you for so long, took me a long time just to make small gestures. But you...you did it so effortlessly." he said.