Chapter 19

(This will be the very first encounter of Maurelle and her father, Voldemort. Keep in mind that Voldemort doesn't know that Maurelle knows him.)

They walked in further into the room and noticed large statues and a checkered floor.

"I don't like this. I don't like this at all." Hermione said.

"Where are we?" Harry said.

"A graveyard?" Maurelle said.

"This is no graveyard." Ron moved on ahead and looked around closely. "It's a chessboard."

Suddenly, the torches lit up the room, and the four can clearly see the large chess pieces.

"There's the door!" Harry pointed.

They walked over to that direction, but the chest pieces' moved their weapons, leaving no openings for them to get through.

"Now what do we do?" Hermione said.

"Obviously, we have to play our way across the room. Alright, Harry, you take the empty Bishop square. Hermione, you take the Queen's side castle. Maurelle, you take the King." Ron said.

"Sweet." Maurelle nodded.

"And as for me, I'll be a Knight." Ron said.

They walked over to their positions, with nervousness running through their veins.

"What happens now?" Hermione asked.

"Well, mine moves first. And then, we play." Ron said.

A white piece starts to move.

"Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like... real wizard's chess, do you?" Hermione asked.

Ron thought about it for a moment then said, "You there, D5!"

The piece he ordered moved to D5.

The white piece that moved forward before, smashed the black piece with its swords.

"Yes, Hermione. I think this is going to be...exactly like wizard's chess." Ron had a look of terror on his face.

As the game moves on, piece by piece, everything was being smashed.

Ron yelled for the pieces to move and no matter where they landed, they kept on getting smashed. There was a long paused, but Harry and Maurelle realized their situation.

"Wait a minute." Harry said.

"Ron, you don't plan on-" Maurelle said, but was caught off by Ron.

"You two understand right? Once I make my move, the Queen will take me. Then you're free to check the King, Maurelle." Ron said.

"No. Ron, no!" Harry said.

"What is it?" Hermione said.

He's going to sacrifice himself." Maurelle said.

"No you can't, there must be another way!" Hermione said.

"Do you wanna stop Snape from getting that stone or not?" Ron said, "Harry. Maurelle. It is you two that must go on. I know it. Not me. Not Hermione. You two." Ron took a pause before he made his move. "Knight to H3"

"Check" Ron said.

The queen turned towards Ron and made her way to him. The Queen stabs the Knight causing Ron to fall on the ground, leaving him unconscious.

"Ron!" Harry yelled.

The two tried to move to Ron's aid, but Maurelle stopped them.

"No! Don't move. Don't forget that we're still playing" Maurelle said.