Chapter 63

During O.W.L examinations, they were taking Theory of Charms. A two hour-long test that was long dreaded, and what made it worse was that they were under-prepared since no one was allowed to cast spells.

A booming was heard from a distance, behind the closed doors. Umbridge walked over and opened the doors. A sparkling firework flew through and exploded in the hall. Fred and George Weasley flew in their brooms throwing more fireworks, disrupting their exams. Everyone cheered and watched the show. The twins had a firework like dragon chasing Umbridge out and destroying all of her rules and regulations that were nailed to the wall. Everyone followed the twins outside as they continued their fun. Even professors were excited and joyous.

Harry suddenly collapsed to the ground and Maurelle catches him. She invaded Harry's mind. They both saw Sirius being tortured by Voldemort. Maurelle was able to break Voldemort's legilimency on him.

"Get up, Harry." Maurelle helped him get back on his feet.

"What happened?" Hermione said.

"Voldemort." Harry said.

"I don't know, Harry. It seems risky. For all we know it could be a trap." Maurelle said.

"Maurelle is right, we should think this through." Hermione said.

"There is no time! We have to save Sirius and stop him from getting the prophecy." Harry said.

"Have you gone mad?! There could be tons of death eaters there" Ron said.

"Harry, what he has shown you was probably a memory from the past. He must've tortured Sirius beforehand. Voldemort is just trying to get in your head, no pun intended." Maurelle giggled.

"Maurelle?! This is no laughing matter." Harry said.

"I'm sorry, but he is. He can't be showing you this particular memory by accident. He is a very skilled user in legilimency." Maurelle said.

"I can't just forget about this. I have to go see this through, but I can't do this without you." Harry looked into her eyes.

Maurelle paused and looked at the trio, making a decision.

"Okay, fine. You three go and I will inform the Order. I'll meet you at Umbridge's office. We can use floo powder there, it isn't under surveillance." Maurelle said.

After the four split, she went and notified the Order using legilimency, she went back to her dorm, removing her robes. On the way to Umbridge's office, she bumped into Snape.

"I assume you have been caught up?" She asked him.

"Yes, unfortunately. I suggest you should save your friends. They are in desperate need of your help." He said and went along his way.

When she walked in her office, they were all caught. Held by Draco and his gang.

"Well, well, well. So you were gonna use the cruciatus curse." Maurelle said.

Umbridge pointed her wand at Maurelle, but her hand was shaking.

"Why are you so frightened? You know, Dolores, deep down, naughty children need to be punished. And we all know, you've been very very bad." Maurelle walked further, cornering her to her own desk.

Everyone in the room started to sense a sinister feeling in the room, they never seen such a side to Maurelle.

"Do something and Potter will meet the end of my wand." Umbridge tried to threaten her, but it was no use. Maurelle was already caught in her own trance.

"Avada-"Maurelle was about to cast but Hermione stopped it.

"Tell her, Maurelle! Let's just say where it is and we can forget about this whole situation. No one needs to get hurt." Hermione yelled.