Chapter 38

Everyone was in the Great Hall getting ready for a big feast before school ended. Those who have been petrified returned back to normal and were greeted.

Maurelle saw Hermione appear by the doorway, she wanted to come up and hug her, but she remembered what had happen that night. She just smiled to herself, knowing that she was okay.

"Could I have your attention, please?" McGonagall announced.

"Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout and Madame Pomfrey, whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been Petrified. Also, in light of the recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been canceled." Dumbledore said.

All the students shouted in excitement, while Hermione was a bit disappointed. Suddenly, they were interrupted by Hagrid, who was by the entrance.

"Sorry I'm late! The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol." he then walked over to the Gryffindor table," And I'd just like to say that if it hadn't been for you, Harry,  Ron, Hermione, and Maurelle o' course" he looked over to the Slytherin table, " I woulduh- I'd still be you-know-where, so I- I'd just like to say 'Thanks.' "

"Well, there's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Harry hugged him.

Maurelle stood up from her seat, ignoring death glares from her table.

"What are you doing? Seat down, Maurelle." Draco said.

She clapped and cheered, and was followed by the other students as well. Everyone joined her as they applauded for the great turn of events.

Hagrid later joined where the professors were and the feast commenced.

"What happened in the chamber?" Draco asked, which caught attention to those nearby in the Slytherin table.

"Well, the one who was responsible for petrifying, was this basilisk. It was using these pipes to get around the school." Maurelle said.

"How did you kill it?" a Slytherin student asked.

"It wasn't me, it was Harry who killed the creature." she said.

Draco was disappointed that Harry took the glory, adding more fuel to his hatred of him.

When the feast was over, everyone headed back to their dorms. While Maurelle was leaving the hall, she felt someone grab her arm and pulled her away from the crowd.

"Hermione?" Maurelle noticed.

"Don't Hermione me! Don't think I had forgotten what had happened that night in the library. " she said.

"You didn't tell anyone, did you?" Maurelle said.

"No, of course not. I remembered what you had said to me, it was to not tell anyone once I wake." she said.

"Ok, well this might be a long story." Maurelle scratched the back of her head.

"Trust me, with exams canceled, we have plenty of time." she said.

"Haahaa, okay. But we have to move somewhere quiet where no one is near." Maurelle said

They moved in a private area where it was rarely busy. Maurelle revealed all her secrets to Hermione. She knew she wasn't suppose to tell anyone, but Hermione is her best friend. She knows she could rely on her.

"Oh my, Maurelle. " Hermione was shocked with what she has been told, but hugged her shortly, "I'm so sorry."

This caught Maurelle by surprise, "Why are you hugging me, you have nothing to be sorry for."