Chapter 12

"But why?" Maurelle shaking her head, not fully understanding, "Why was it so hard for my father to love?"

"You see...Your father was conceived under a love potion." Augustana said.

Maurelle tilted her head in confusion.

"Let me put it this way. Your father's parents were not fully pureblood wizards. His mother was a witch and she grew an interest in a muggle, however, he did not feel the same way. So what she did was she brew a love potion and placed it on him. And for that reason, your father was not capable of loving because his parents did not love each other." Augustana said.

"Then how was he able to 'love' my mother?" Maurelle said.

"Oh don't say it like that, he really did LOVE your mother. And to answer your question, love works in mysterious ways, you would never believe the things I have seen." Augustana said.

"Is that how Harry lived?" Maurelle said.

"I believe so, I've been told his mother was there to shield him when your fa-" Augustana quickly shut her mouth to prevent her from saying anything else.

"It's okay to say that my father did it, I have no attachments to him." Maurelle said.

"I still can't believe your level of maturity, it almost seems as if I'm talking to your mother." Augustana chuckled and Maurelle smiled at that comment.

"Who do I resemble the most?" Maurelle said.

"Well, you have his eyes and his dark black hair. Your skin is not too pale and not too tan, just in between. You act like your mother, but you have facial expressions like your father. It's hard, when I look at you I see her, your voice, your personality. But... I sometimes see your father in you. Maybe...just maybe..." Augustana was thinking.

"What is it?" Maurelle said.

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking. " Augustana said.

Before Maurelle could say anything Augustana quickly stood up and looked at her grandfather clock on the other side of the room.

"I almost forgot! We have been very deep in this conversation, I forgot to tell you." Augustana said as she frantically went to another room.

"What is it?" Maurelle stood up.

"We have been invited over to the Malfoy Manor. They have a celebration going on... though, I forgot what it was, but it doesn't matter, as long as they have food I won't question it." Augustana and Maurelle laughed.

"Do we have to wear something nice?" Maurelle said.

"Well yes, this family is quite... I guess you could say, high maintenance." Augustana said in the other room.

After a few minutes, she finally came back to the living room and showed Maurelle her outfit.

"How do I look?" Augustana said as she turned around.