Chapter 68

Maurelle ran up to a particular tower, where there was a balcony. It overlooked the castle, where the scenery was beautiful. When she walked up, someone else was already occupying it, Draco.

He heard someone else behind him and he quickly turned around, gripping his wand, pointing at the stranger. When he saw it was "Victoria", he lowered it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were up here. I'll get going." she said.

Draco grabbed her by the wrist, causing Maurelle to stop her tracks and turn to him. He noticed her eyes were red from crying. He pulled her in giving her a hug, her face buried in his chest. She was surprised by his actions but accepted it with open arms. The snow fell, but their embrace kept them warm. Her touch was all too similar to Maurelle, but Draco assumed he was just vulnerable at this point and needed comfort.

"What are you doing?" she said, with a red flush on her face.

"It looks like you need a friend." he said.

"Thank you, Draco. I- I just have a lot of things going on right now." she said.

"Me too, Victoria. Me too." he said rubbing her back.

They stood there by the railings, hugging each other, by the scenery that laid before them.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you the other night. I didn't mean to. I'm sure you can tell, I just have a lot of things on my mind right now." Draco said.

"It's okay. I understand." Maurelle released herself from his grasped, "Maurelle is gone and Hogwarts just isn't the same anymore. You-know-who is getting stronger as we speak. Who knows what the future holds for us." she said.

"Thank you, Victoria." he said.

Maurelle's arm started to sting and she knew that her father was calling out to her.

"I have to go, Draco. But thank you, I really appreciate it. I'm glad I have a friend like you here." Maurelle said.

"Are you going back to the dormitory? In that case, I'll walk with you." he said.

"Oh no... I mean I am, but I kind of wanted to go alone. I just need to be with my thoughts. I'm sure you understand." she said.

"I see. Well don't get caught, you wouldn't want to be seen by Snape." he said.

"I'll keep that in mind." she smiled.

Maurelle quickly went down the tower and walked through the gate that led outside. The snow was heavy and the wind made the cold even worse. She trudged through as stealthily as she can and entered the forest. Once she was at a fair distance away from the castle and made sure no one was nearby, she created a bonfire. Voldemort took shape within the fire.

"Father." Maurelle said.

"Maurelle, how is Draco doing?" he said.

"He is obviously bothered by this job. If these students didn't have anything better to do, the whole school would have taken notice." she said.

"Then Harry Potter is aware." he said.

"Well he is suspicious, but I am quite positive he doesn't truly know our intentions."she said.

"What has Draco done so far?" he said.

"He has been working on the cabinet, and, surprisingly, there has been progress. You should expect to hear from him soon." she said.

"And with Dumbledore?" he said.

"He is using this woman in Hogsmeade to pass through some dark items. He's been trying to find ways for Dumbledore to use these items, but it's been messy." she said.