Chapter 27

Ron gently opened the enveloped and was about to take out the letter inside when all of a sudden it formed into a mouth, shouting in the voice of Molly.

"RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR? I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! And Ginny, dear, congratulations on making it into Gryffindor. Your Father and I are so proud. "

After the outburst, it ripped itself up, leaving everyone dumbfounded. Maurelle, on the other hand, laughed at the situation.

"That went well." she said.

Snape made his way down to Maurelle, his footsteps echoing with each step.

"Ms. Freya, if you would please follow me. I need to discuss some matters with you." He said

As she walked behind Snape, she felt all the eyes in the room, following her every move. When they left the dining hall and away from any student near, they both stopped in a secluded area.

"It has been brought to my attention, that you used Floo Powder to transport yourself here at Hogwarts. " he said.

Maurelle should have known that being in a house filled with suck-ups would be a problem. She mentally scolded herself for not arriving early.

"Do you realized that this is a serious offense. " he continued.

"Well, Professor Snape, I wasn't able to board the train because the entrance to get to platform 9 3/4 was sealed shut. I didn't know any other way other than using Floo Powder." Maurelle said.

"Hogwarts has very powerful enchantments to make sure students, like yourself, don't apparate or use floo powder, as they please. Now I want to know, who's Floo powder you used that enabled you to easily surpass this castle's enchantment." Snape said.

Augustana told Maurelle that her identity must remain a secret. She didn't want her presence to be known. She couldn't risk Voldemort knowing that she too is alive, especially with her not aging. Maurelle knew that she couldn't say anything about Augustana, so she had to think of something believable.

"Alright, I'll tell you what really happened. When I first used floo powder, I was amazed at how quick and efficient it was so I wanted to try using it to get into Hogwarts. Obviously, after my attempts, it was impossible for me to travel to Hogwarts using normal Floo Powder. I studied all summer, mixing and casting spells to create floo powder that can break into any enchantments. And when I finally did, I was able to travel from my home to here." Maurelle said.

"You are a bright witch, Ms. Freya. You are my top student and excel in every class. But I don't believe this rubbish of an excuse. You are going to serve a month's worth of detention with me. If you didn't do so well in my class, I would have you serve harsher punishments." he said.

"Thankss?" Maurelle said, unsure if serving one month of detention was good at all.

"Now run along before I change my mind." he said.

Maurelle walked away from Snape and made her way to class. As she was walking, she suddenly heard a voice within the walls. Its hiss pierced in her head. Everytime the voice pronounced an "s", it sounded like a snake.

"I NEED TO KILLL...SSSSPARE NO ONE. THE NEXT HEIR LIVEESSSSSSSSSSS." its last word echoed.

Maurelle opened the doors to her DADA class, and noticed that everyone was already seated. Th professor hasn't come out yet, so she quickly hurried along the aisle to find a seat. Maurelle took a seat right up front next to Hermione.

"Where were you and what happened with Professor Snape?" Hermione whispered.

"Well being in a house filled with SNITCHES," Maurelle started to whisper and raised her voice when she said 'snitches' as she looked at her 'fellow' Slytherin, she then turned back to Hermione and continued, "someone decided to tell Snape that I used Floo Powder to get here. He then told me how big of a problem it was, since there are enchantments that were specifically made to prevent anyone from apparating or using Floo Powder. So now, he is going to give me one month of detention, which according to him, it is not that big of a punishment. He said I'm one of his top students, so he'll let this slide for now." Maurelle said.

"At least it's just detention. I'm sure he could have made you do worse things. Wait, top students? Am I one if them?" Hermione said.

Suddenly the professor's door above opened, and their new DADA professor made his entrance.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher, me. Gilderoy Lockhart. Order of Merlin, Third Class. Honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League," Gilderoy went on.

"And don't forget an idiot." Maurelle mumbled. Hermione heard her and nudge her to knock it off. Other than the guys, Maurelle was one of the few who wasn't wowed by Gilderoy.

"and five times winner of "Witch Weekly's" Most Charming Smile Award. But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her." after saying that he then started to chuckle, showing his smile.

Maurelle turned back to face Harry and Ron to make a comment, "I think he is in pain."

Harry and Ron held their laughter. Draco overheard Maurelle and he too tried to contain his laugh.

"I see you've all bought a complete set of my books. Well done. Now, I thought we'd start today with a little quiz." he said.

Everyone started to look at each other, thinking if this professor has gone completely mental on giving a quiz on the first day.

"Nothing to worry about. Just to check how well you've read them. " he started to pass the quiz around.

"Look at these questions. They're all about him." Ron said.

"Hermione, let me copy yours." Maurelle said.

"Us too." Harry said.

"Ugh, you guys are so irritating." Hermione said.

"You have 30 minutes. Start, now!" Lockhart said.

"Ugh, I'd rather fail," Maurelle muttered as she contemplates whether or not this professor is qualified to be here.