Chapter 42

"Look at you. How can someone like you be my daughter? You're a disgrace. You're weak!I I'm glad I left this world, I wouldn't want to be seen near you." the boggart said in Iris' voice.

"Maurelle, think." Lupin said.

"Riddikulus!" she said.

Iris was in clown clothes and a pie was thrown to her face. This made everyone laugh, but Maurelle wasn't pleased. She moved to the back to hide from the crowd. Hermione noticed something was wrong with Maurelle and left the line to comfort her.

"It was just a boggart. It was just a boggart" Maurelle mumbled to herself.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she faked smiled at her.

"You don't have to lie, especially to me." Hermione said.

"You're right." Maurelle said.

"Look, Harry's up next. Let's go see." Hermione said.

Harry was next in line, the boggart shifted into a dementor and Lupin jumped in front of Harry. It changed to a full moon, then was placed back in its cage.

"Right. Sorry about that. That's enough for today. Collect your books from the back. That's the end of the lesson. Thank you! Sorry! Sorry, you can have too much of a good thing." Lupin dismissed everyone.

As everyone left Draco caught up with Maurelle to see if she was okay.

"Hey, I wanted to see how you were doing, after what happened back there?" he said.

"It wasn't the best, but I'll live." she said.

"I understand your fear. I have the same one too." Draco said.

"It's not a surprise, you practically look up to your father and do everything he says." she chuckled.

"I can't help it. When you've been raised by someone who has done great things, I'm expected to exceed those expectations." he said.

"I guess we're all slaves to our parent's legacies." Maurelle said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day the students visit Hogsmeade, but only those with permission slips were allowed to go.

Maurelle saw Harry watch the others leave the building, she assumed he wasn't able to get his permission slip signed.

"Hey, Harry." Maurelle said.

Harry turned around, "Maurelle, you aren't going?"

"No, I forgot to let Augustana sign the slip, so I'm stuck here. But that's fine, I've already been there for my birthday." she said.

"I really wanted to go, but you know how it is back at the house." Harry said.

"Of course. At least we are together, just like good times." Maurelle hugged him with one arm and rubbed his side.

"Yeah, it's been a while." he returned the hug.

"Is something bothering you?" Maurelle noticed.

"It's just that day when we faced the boggart in class. I wondered why Professor Lupin stopped it for me." Harry said.

"Well, why don't we go and ask him. We have nothing else to do." she said.

They walked around the castle in search for the Professor, and found him by the bridge.

"Professor Lupin!" Maurelle called out.

"Ahh, Maurelle. Harry. What can I do for you?" he said.