Chapter 31

"Could I have your attention, please" McGonagall told the class filled with Gryffindors and Slytherins. She got up from her chair and walked towards the front of the class, "Thank you. Now, today we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like so." She then turned towards one of her animals, "One. Two. Three." She tapped her wand each time, then said, "Vera Verto."

The animal transformed into a water goblet and the class was in awe.

"Now it's your turn." She walked down the few steps of stairs," Who would like to go first." She walked down the aisle and turned to Ron.

"Ah, Mr. Weasley." She walked to him, seeing that he already has his pet in front of him. "One. Two. Three. Vera Verto." She repeated for him.

Ron cleared his throat and pointed his broken wand. He counted to three in his head and said, " Vera Verto."

His rat didn't quite turn into a goblet for it still had he tail and fur. The class giggled and laughed at his mistake.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley." McGonagall said. Before she could fully turn around she sees Hermione's hand up, "Yes, Ms. Granger?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets." she said.

Maurelle was surprised that Hermione had the courage to ask this question, but it had to be done sooner or later.

McGonagall took a pause and sighed, she looked around before she said anything.

"Very well." she finally said. "You all know of course that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest wizards and witches of the age. Godric Gryffindor. Helga Hufflepuff. Rowena Ravenclaw." She then looked at Maurelle, " And Salazar Slytherin."

"Now three of the founders co-existed harmoniously," she continued, " one did not."

"Three guesses who." Ron whispered to Harry.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective of the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families in other words purebloods."

Draco looked over at Hermione. Maurelle knew that he was going to glare at her again. Since she sat behind him, she smacked him in the head.

"Ow" he whispered and turned around to Maurelle. She just gave him a look before turning her attention back to McGonagall.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now according to legend, Slytherin has built a hidden chamber in this castle known as the Chamber of Secrets. Though shortly before departing he sealed it. Until his own true heir entered the school . The heir alone will be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within. And by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns." Hermione said.

McGonagall nodded at her comment. "Well, naturally the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found. "

"Professor, what exactly does legend tells us lies within the chamber?" Hermione said

"The chamber is said to be holding something that only the heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster." McGonagall said. "I think that will be all for today. Class is dismissed."

Maurelle was picking up her belongings. She looked up to see if Harry, Hermione, and Ron were still in the classroom, but they had already left. However, it didn't bother her because her mind was preoccupied with the Chamber of Secrets, she walked alone for a bit and saw the three not too far ahead. She was about to catch up but was interrupted by Draco and his goons. Draco walked beside her and his goons were behind them.