Chapter 26

Maurelle and Augustana chatted for the time being before Maurelle had to leave for Hogwarts.

"The other day when Harry and I were with the Weasley's, we stumbled upon Draco and his father. I'd normally expect Draco to make snarky comments, but his father too? Ugh how rude." Maurelle said.

"I'm not surprised. Malfoy's are the representation of high-class Purebloods, well obviously not all, but for the most part. The Weasleys are Purebloods, but their affiliation with muggles deems them disgraceful in the Malfoy's eyes." Augustana said.

"And just because I am a Slytherin and the daughter of the most famous wizard, they offered me help." Maurelle scoffed.

"I wouldn't think of them, Maurelle. Don't let them get the best of you." Augustana said.

"You're right. Anyways, what have you been up to Augustana?" Maurelle said.

"Just helping Ava out with a few things. The Ministry needs us to do some dirty work." Augustana said.

"I see." Maurelle said.

Maurelle looked at the grandfather clock and realized she needs to be at Hogwarts. She grabbed Reign's cage and her robe. Maurelle took some floo powder and stepped into the fireplace. She faced Augustana, who was laying on the couch.

"Goodbye, Augustana. See you over break!" Maurelle said.

"Goodbye, Maurelle! And try not to get yourself killed this year." Augustana said.

"Can't make any promises" Maurelle she chuckled.

And with that, she was off. She appeared in the common room as usual, but students were already occupying the place. Students gave her dirty looks, as she was slightly dirty from the ashes.

"I overslept." She told the students, which made them shrug it off and went about their day.

"Well, well, If it isn't Freya. It seems the Weasleys have tainted you already." Draco smirked.

"Look at her, she is so filthy. What a disgrace, you know, it's people like you who tarnish the house of Slytherin." one of Draco's new followers said.

Pancy Parkinson, another annoying Slytherin Maurelle has to deal with.

A part of Maurelle wanted to tell her off, saying that she is the granddaughter of Salazar Slytherin himself and that she had no right to speak to her that way, but the other part knew that it wasn't worth it. Bragging and using the names of her family will do her no good. Maurelle loved the fact that she had a family of famous wizards, but she didn't want to use that to get by. She wants to be her own person, to be known for something other than the daughter of this and that. She wants to become powerful her way, not by a name, but what she can do.

Maurelle chuckled at Pancy's comment, "Aww, how sweet, Malfoy. You got yourself a little girlfriend to talk for you. "

Pancy blushed at her comment.

"Oh shut up, Freya." Draco said

"I mean, I know how much you love my presence, but getting another girl to fill me in, won't be the same." Maurelle joked.

Pancy was furious, but before she could do anything Maurelle was already walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning, everyone!" the professor said as she walked in, but the students didn't pay attention. She spoke once more, "Good morning, everyone!" she clanked an object, gathering everybody's attention.