Chapter 65

"Maurelle..." Percival said.

She looked at him curiously, tilting her head slightly.

"Control it." he said.

"It?! I'm highly offended." she grabbed his wrist tightly and threw him down.

"Maurelle? I know you are in there. " he said recovering from the impact.

She started to chuckle," Oh Percival. You've been a loyal servant, but not good enough. You let me die in there, because you couldn't get through my daddy's little barrier. I thought you were sooo useful and now you are worthless. I trained you better than that. Now that my weak old self has finally gotten some common sense to put ME in, I feel like a new person. I feel....strong." she smiled wide.

"This isn't like you, Maurelle." he said.

"This is me. What was before wasn't. Now, that I've taken this form, I don't need you or anyone else for that matter. I can take Voldemort on my own, and his stupid little club along with him. He thinks that if I turn my self, I'd join him. Huh, what an idiot. But before I go, I'll quickly take care of you since you are of no use to me now. "  she said.

Percival didn't know what to do, he felt he has lost Maurelle. He quickly rushed through the house and ran towards the bathroom. He hid himself, stalling some time. She kicked the door open, practically breaking it. She cornered him in the bathroom,  she closes him in and was about to finish the job until she noticed her reflection in the bathroom mirror. She traced along her face and was horrified at what she has become.

"Oh my. I'm a monster. I'm no better than my father." she cried.

The real Maurelle started to come out, but was constantly battling with her dark self.

"But this is good. I will be taken seriously this time. He will fear me. I will be in control." her dark self said.

"No no no. What am I saying, I'm hideous. This is not right." Maurelle placed her hands on her face, shaking her head.

"This is the only way. I was weak." her dark self said.

"This is not the only way." her real self said.

"I wasn't able to do it alone. Now that I am at my true potential. I can win." her dark self said.

"Right. That's right." her real self said.

Percival thought Maurelle was starting to give up.

"That's right, I wasn't able to do it alone. But now that I have you." Maurelle placed a hand on the mirror," I can do it. I was never weak. I controlled you when I was at my lowest point, and now that I have you, I won't be alone." a dark cloud surrounds her, the scaley prints and the tint of green faded from her cheekbones. Her eyes weren't piercing with red, but were hazel with a mix of burgundy.

"Maurelle?" he said.

Maurelle placed a hand on her forehead," My head is killing me? Where are we keeping those pills, Percival?" she said.

Percival smiled in relief, when Maurelle looked at him he noticed the change in her eyes.

"Your eyes, Maurelle. They are still hinting with red, but it blends in. You've done it. You controlled it." he said.

"I guess I have. A bit tiring though. I apologize for what I might've said or done to you in this process. I hope it didn't affect you?" she said.

"No, not at all. I was scared for a moment that you completely lost control." he said.

"I thought so too." she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~