Chapter 7

"Where could they possibly be?" Hermoine whispered to Maurelle.

"Probably lost?" Maurelle said.

The door suddenly opened to reveal Harry and Ron in a hurry.

"There they are" Maurelle said.

"Phew, made it! Could you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late." Ron said to Harry.

The cat that was sitting on the desk, jumped off and transformed into McGonagall. She then walked over to the two.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Ron said.

"Why thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps, it would be more useful if I were to transform you or Mr.Potter into a pocket watch, so that at least one of you might be on time."

"We got lost." Harry said

"Then perhaps a map... I trust you don't need one to find your seats" McGonagall said.

After the class ended the four walked together to their next class. which was Potions.

Griffyndors and Slytherins took their seats and chatted for the time being. The door swung open and revealed Snape.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact arts of this potion-making; however, for those select few" He then glared at Draco, "who possess the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and snare the senses. I could tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." He then saw Harry writing, "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities that are so formidable that you are confident enough to not pay attention!"

Hermione then nudged Harry to pay attention. He placed his quill down and looked at him.

"Mr. Potter, our new celebrity...Tell me what I would get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" He waited for Harry to answer, but knew he couldn't."You don't know? Well, let's try again, where Mr.Potter would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

"I don't know, sir" Harry replied.

"And what is the difference between muskwood and wolfbane?" Snape said.

Ron and Maurelle were wishing for this torture to be over.

"I don't know sir" Harry said once again.

"Pity...Clearly, fame isn't everything" He said

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a very tense Potions class, they were at the hall practicing and doing homework. Seamus kept repeating a spell over and over. Maurelle moved over to the Griffyndor's table to sit with her friends.

"Is this even allowed?" Ron said as she sat in between him and Harry.

"Does it matter? Not all Slytherins hate Griffyndors, you know. " She raised an eyebrow to him.

"Didn't Snape know I was only taking notes about what he was saying." Harry complained.

"Maybe he's jealous. I mean, we're practically celebrities. Fame and fortune. "Maurelle said.

"If he were jealous, why didn't he call you out?" Harry said.

"I don't know, probably didn't even notice me at all" she chuckled. "Don't let him get into your head, Harry."

"Anyways, what is Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" Harry asked.

"Turn it to rum. He'd manage to make tea yesterday, before-" Ron was interrupted by an explosion.