Legolas -11-

"Get to cover!"

"Get to cover!"

Legolas slid gracefully- as always -under a leafless bush, hoping its thickly-woven branches would keep him hidden from whatever danger Aragorn had just warned the Fellowship about. A roar from far above filled the elf's heart with a combination of dread and awe, and the latter emotion trumped the former as a majestic creature swooped down from the clouds, pausing just in front of the sun as if it knew how to make a dramatic, powerful entrance. Legolas almost gave a shout as the beast dived suddenly to the ground not far from the Fellowship's hiding place, but he held it back for fear of revealing their location.

Just then, as the dragon craned its neck as if it was stretching, Gandalf emerged from behind a large boulder and waved at the creature, calling to the rest of the Fellowship to come out because the creature before them would present no danger. Legolas was the first to emerge and he walked to stand beside Gandalf as the dragon appeared to smile at him- and then it closed its eyes, covered its head with its great wings, and began to shrink at an alarming rate.

Within moments, a lovely young elleth stood before the group, her serene smile seeming like it was directed at only Legolas but also each member of the Fellowship in turn, simultaneously.

"Greetings, brave Fellowship of the Ring. I am Y/N. Gandalf called me to join your noble quest. I am here to assist you in any way I can."