Thranduil -1-

You betrayed him

You betrayed him. That was the only way he saw it. Years and years by his side as his most-trusted adviser, your loyalty never faltering, yet now, when he needed you most, you left him. An unexpected party of dwarves arrived in his kingdom that was now infested and turned dark by giant spiders of evil, and you grew close to one of the prisoners. How could he ever fall for an elleth so foolish as to befriend a dwarf? A month later, he encountered you again, now on opposing sides of rising tensions. You stood atop a barricade created by Thorin Oakenshield and looked down at the elven king with an almost sad, longing gaze. It was too late for Thranduil, however. He merely steeled his gaze and looked away, turning to leave.

He saw you for the last time amidst a great battle only a few days later. You fought furiously beside your new companions and friends until the last of your strength gave way and you perished by the hand of the wicked orc they called Azog. With a sadness in his heart, he stood above your still body for a long moment after the battle was won. The sky was grey and cold above. He kneeled beside you and gently kissed your forehead in farewell. He stood and walked away, never looking back, but carrying you in his heart and mind for as long as he lived.