Lindir -3- (request)

The secluded elven kingdom of Imladris was flourishing, growing grander by the day under Lord Elrond's command

The secluded elven kingdom of Imladris was flourishing, growing grander by the day under Lord Elrond's command. You, an elf of middle-class stature, were hired to oversee much of the construction, as Lord Elrond knew how keen of an eye you had for architecture. On a dismally rainy morning, the workers under your watch started to grumble about the weather and the pace of their work became absurdly slow as the day waned on. You decided quickly that to boost their spirits, you would join them in their work, strike up a few rounds of spirited songs, and offer longer lunch and evening breaks. Your workers were quickly roused from their lethargy and were joining you in a chorus of 'Ninety-Nine Bottles of Ale on the Wall' when you spotted a newcomer below you, waiting on a platform with his hands clenched before him as if nervous.

 You clambered down the side of the villa-in-progress, wiped your hands off on your tunic, and gave the ellon a warm hello. He smiled at you timidly in reply and you tilted your head at your long-time friend, Lindir, wondering what could have brought him here. When you asked him just that, his cheeks flushed and he rocked on his heels.

"Well, erm, I know it isn't the best time, but, um, I don't want to wait any longer and- and lose my courage."

You offered an encouraging grin, replying;

"That's quite alright, they will be fine without me for a bit. So what is on your mind, mellon?"

He took a deep breath and held your hands in his.

"Would you- erm- well, I was hoping you- would you- wouldyoubewillingtocourtme?"

Your smile stretched even wider across your face and you gave a soft laugh. His expression fell.

"Oh, Lindir, that's all you were worried about? Of course, I'll court you."

Requested by the splendiferous hufflepuffturtle! Thanks so much- and to any other readers, go check out there work, like, right now it's all so good!!!